Used 2009 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible - Consumer Reviews

2009 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:

If it was more fun it would be illegal
By Dreamgineer

2009 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

In a word this car is FUN! and you can't beat the price or the fuel economy 25MPG (Measured over a year). It drives like a dream, it's fun to watch people look at the car and smile, it's fun to take corners at high speed, it's fun to listen to the great stereo with the top down and the wind in your hair while singing at the top of your voice. Zoom-Zoom!

The handling, the new "Credit Card" like key that you can leave in your pocket and never take out. The great reliability NO problems with this car and this is my 3rd Mazda and my 2nd Miata

Love it as it is!

Love it
By Pat

2009 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I too had a 2007 PHT Miata, when I saw the 2009's I thought ok don’t know about the smiley face look but I will go look at one. Well I went to the dealer and test drove one and wow big improvement over my 2007, tighter suspension, the seats are great, the stereo with MP3, Bluetooth, seat adjuster, my husband fit in it and more, I loved it. My husband has an S2000 and mustang and he loved this car too, it may not be as fast or sporty as his, but then it was not made to compete with those cars in that class, but I find it more fun then his, this car was made for pure fun and enjoyment and that is what it is. I have it now for 3 weeks and that smiley face is now on my face everyday.

Bluetooth, MP3, seats, handling, ride, brakes, sound, top, color, style, stereo, lets just say everything.

Can give you a list on my 2007, but this 2009 can not think of any.

Often misjudged for what it is
By dancetracks

2009 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Anyone who has driven a Miata will come away with a smile. But often someone will come along and bash the car comparing it to cars costing $10K more (S2000) or twice as much (Boxter). It is unrealistic to expect Porsche performance at the Miata's selling price of around $25k (sport model). The MX-5 really sits by itself in the marketplace of low-price performance convertibles. Drive one. If you come away with a smile, then buy it and let the fun begin. I can't stop thinking about the next time I'll drive the car.

Sporty, great handling, light weight, just enough power to prevent me from getting tickets, great shifter in the 6MT.

More leg room, higher 6th gear for cruising at below 3000 rpm, built-in GPS option.

apotheosis of a dream
By woodyas

2009 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Sport 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Bottom line: this car is in undeniably fun to drive. Top down, wind in the hair, and a pure feeling of freedom. Hell, why was I not doing this years ago? Not sure about every convertible out there, but this sure seems like the best damn one out there. And how do you beat the price--or the numerous accolades the Miata has one. To be succinct: I love this car!

looks, ease of soft top, way it handles on the road.

Better floor mats.

Adult sports car
By Mr Lessie Williams

2009 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Convertible w/Power Hard Top (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I recently purchased a 2009 MX5 Grand Touring PRHT with the optional suspension & premium package, and I love it.The top goes down in 12 seconds and the 6M with limited slip differential makes it a true driver sports car.When it comes to interior it stands alone in its class,the exterior has 20 years of evolution making it one of the best looking roadsters on the road.

Silky smooth 6 speed transmission,sexy PRHT 12 seconds open close time,suspension package/Bilstein shocks with limited slip-DSC WITH TRACTION CONTROL, great gas mileage

If possible 2 to three inches longer and a 180 to 185 hp engine that does not compromise fuel consumption.