Used 2009 Mazda MX-5 Miata Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Mazda MX-5 Miata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:

Fun
By David Dunn

2009 Mazda MX-5 Miata Sport 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

What more do you want in a car, fair price, fun to drive, quality is outstanding and it's a convertible.

Cost very little to maintain. This is my 2nd miata the first one i sold with 160m miles on it.

I'm 6 foot 1 inch tall if they could have deeper leg room it would help out alot like the old MG's Also speakers in the head rest would be great.

2009 Miata (Grand Touring w/Power Top)
By John from Dallas

2009 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Convertible w/Power Hard Top (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is the first non-Toyota vehicle I have owned since 1985. I have owned it for about 6 months and it continues to be a pleasure to drive. I considered a few other cars (Mini Cooper S, Nissan 370Z and the Audi TT). The Audi and Nissan were about 10 grand more and the Mini dealer was extremely arrogant). Overall, I chose the Mazda because of the styling, performance and power hard top. The reliability was also a big sell for me.

Styling, power hard top and overall performance.

More interior room (I am 6 ft 2 inches and it is a little small for me). A bit more power would be nice -- with the AC on it is a little sluggish. My biggest complaint is the sun visor -- really, really bad. Overall it is very small, and you can not move it to block the sun on your driver side.

Top Down Fun!
By Tony M.

We bought the car as a weekend fun car and what fun it is! It is getting colder in the North East now, but I intend to squeeze out every last day of top down driving that I can. Love the way the engine growls and how it handles overall. Not nearly as much fun with the top up. Would love to take a really long top down drive but alas I may have to wait until next spring to do so. If you live in a year round warm climate, buy this car! If you don't no worries, cover it up in the winter and you will enjoy it that much more come spring time. b/t/w I am 6 feet tall with long legs and I don't find the car to be uncomfortable at all. I truly love my MX-5.

The PRHT is so eazy and fast, and I love that it does not take up your trunk space. Manual shift is quick and responsive. Auto temp control, the red dash lights, overall look (gets alot of attention), love just about every little feature.

I am a fan of BOSE products but the radio in this car is sub-par. The sound is great with an I-Pod connection but radio and CDs sound okay at best.

If it was more fun it would be illegal
By Dreamgineer

2009 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

In a word this car is FUN! and you can't beat the price or the fuel economy 25MPG (Measured over a year). It drives like a dream, it's fun to watch people look at the car and smile, it's fun to take corners at high speed, it's fun to listen to the great stereo with the top down and the wind in your hair while singing at the top of your voice. Zoom-Zoom!

The handling, the new "Credit Card" like key that you can leave in your pocket and never take out. The great reliability NO problems with this car and this is my 3rd Mazda and my 2nd Miata

Love it as it is!

Love it
By Pat

2009 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I too had a 2007 PHT Miata, when I saw the 2009's I thought ok donít know about the smiley face look but I will go look at one. Well I went to the dealer and test drove one and wow big improvement over my 2007, tighter suspension, the seats are great, the stereo with MP3, Bluetooth, seat adjuster, my husband fit in it and more, I loved it. My husband has an S2000 and mustang and he loved this car too, it may not be as fast or sporty as his, but then it was not made to compete with those cars in that class, but I find it more fun then his, this car was made for pure fun and enjoyment and that is what it is. I have it now for 3 weeks and that smiley face is now on my face everyday.

Bluetooth, MP3, seats, handling, ride, brakes, sound, top, color, style, stereo, lets just say everything.

Can give you a list on my 2007, but this 2009 can not think of any.