Used 2009 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring Consumer Reviews - 3 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Mazda MX-5 Miata - Consumer Reviews

2009 Mazda MX-5 Miata

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:

Poor Bose radio
By Bob Valentine

2009 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Convertible w/Power Hard Top (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I have had this little gem forever a year now but I am very disappointed with the quality of the Bose radio-- volume has to be tuned up to 24 where other Mazda owners have their radio set at 14 or 15--local dealer says it is normal--I figured with the Bose name on the radio it would be good--not so--can barely hear the radio when top is down--I think the radio is a factory defect but no one wants to admit it--would like a new radio but I don't think it is going to happen as dealer thinks it is a good one

appearance and power hard top

spare tire and different radio

09 sky vs 09 phrt mx5
By Redprhtlady

Bought my first convertible in aug of 08 which was a Saturn sky, hated it! Now I have a 09 phrt mx5, love it! I have a trunk and I can put the top up & down in 12 seconds. The sky's top was very hard to get down if you are a woman. The sky is a sharp looking car, but in my opinion my miata is the bomb! Sky rated a 5. Mx5 rated 10+ with me!

the phrt, trunk space, cup holders,heated seats, etc,etc!

none that i can think of, of course this is my first mx5. not disappointed yet!

Best Miata Ever!
By pch1

This car is extremely fun to drive. Grips in the corners and gives you great feedback. Would love if they put a turbo charger on it, but the 4 cyl engine still pulls nicely. I test drove both the manual and auto 6sp. I ended up with the automatic because it shifts quickly at near redline when driving spiritedly, and I do more highway driving and did not want the suspension package that was on most of the 6sp manuals.

Road handling characteristics. This car does what ever you tell it too. Simply fun to drive

Turbo charger, car would be even better with a few more Horses! And head room, at only 5-11 my hair rubs on the hard top, and when sitting shotgun for distances there is no leg room.