2009 Mazda MX-5 Miata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:
Poor Bose radio
By Bob Valentine on 08/18/10 18:27 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Convertible w/Power Hard Top (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I have had this little gem forever a year now but I am very disappointed with the quality of the Bose radio-- volume has to be tuned up to 24 where other Mazda owners have their radio set at 14 or 15--local dealer says it is normal--I figured with the Bose name on the radio it would be good--not so--can barely hear the radio when top is down--I think the radio is a factory defect but no one wants to admit it--would like a new radio but I don't think it is going to happen as dealer thinks it is a good one

09 sky vs 09 phrt mx5
By Redprhtlady on 06/23/09 20:49 PM (PDT)

Bought my first convertible in aug of 08 which was a Saturn sky, hated it! Now I have a 09 phrt mx5, love it! I have a trunk and I can put the top up & down in 12 seconds. The sky's top was very hard to get down if you are a woman. The sky is a sharp looking car, but in my opinion my miata is the bomb! Sky rated a 5. Mx5 rated 10+ with me!

Best Miata Ever!
By pch1 on 04/07/09 08:28 AM (PDT)

This car is extremely fun to drive. Grips in the corners and gives you great feedback. Would love if they put a turbo charger on it, but the 4 cyl engine still pulls nicely. I test drove both the manual and auto 6sp. I ended up with the automatic because it shifts quickly at near redline when driving spiritedly, and I do more highway driving and did not want the suspension package that was on most of the 6sp manuals.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Mazda MX-5 Miata in WA is:

$107 per month*