2008 Mazda MX-5 Miata Consumer Review: Toy Car that can be used for e

2008 Mazda MX-5 Miata - Consumer Review

Grand Touring Convertible (2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual w/Power Hard Top)

Toy Car that can be used for everyday
By Dwaine on

2008 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Convertible w/Power Hard Top (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Test drove all the toy cars and chose this one because of PRHT and trunk space. Quickly discovered that I like to drive it everyday (not original plan) and I can take it almost anywhere due to wealth of usable trunk space compared to other roadsters. This car is not all engine and not rough riding like some others but rather has a great balance of senses. I actually can use my center holders by reaching around right of the cups and it doesn't bother me. Took a 500 mile (roundtrip in one day) road trip and survived the compactness well - I am 74 inches tall. Get 28-30 mpg on 89 octane in combined hwy/city with top up/down as desired and 50 lbs of tools in trunk.

PRHT, trunk space, fun to drive, great audio sound, one-on-one time with a kid or significant other, much easier to wash/wax than my SUV and van.

Swap out Bose audiopilot for a real auto-level stereo. Add MP3 jack. Gears 5 and 6 are too similar on the MT allowing quick 6 sprints w/o downshifting but fuel economy could improve with a higher geared 6.