Near Perfection
By joeschmoe on
2008 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Convertible w/Power Hard Top (2.0L 4cyl 6M)
This is my first true sports car and have to say it's a blast to drive. Besides a small lack in power it's the perfect sports car. The stock handling and braking are superb. Fuel economy is excellent. Short gear ratios make for spirited acceleration when up to speed. Minor modifications are all that are needed to turn this thing into a track car. I took a 3k mile road trip and was still smiling when I got home. Those over 6' will have a hard time getting comfortable in this car.
Favorite Features
A 12 second folding hardtop! Kudos to Mazda for engineering one very slick top. Good sized and shape of trunk. Basic maintenance is easy to do yourself. The shifter is buttery smooth and precise compared to other manual cars I've driven.
Suggested Improvements
Although one doesn't need massive horsepower to have fun in this car, it would be nice to have say...20-30 more hp and torque. Also, please make 6th gear taller for highway cruising. Lose the ridiculous joker face on the '09s