2008 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Great little car!

2008 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible - Consumer Review

Great little car!
By jph on

2008 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Keeping in mind that no car is perfect, I'm not scoring a 10. This is my daily driver, commuter and grocery getter, it will be driven all year round (don't get any snow here) my baby girl's car seat is permanently secured in the passenger seat. The 2.0 has plenty of power, but the car is not "fast" by any means. However, it can change direction faster than most cars, and this is where the MX-5 shines. Very nimble out of the box, it handles just great. A little bit more body roll than I'd like though. Lightweight, 50/50 weight distribution, double wishbone suspension, sticky tires, rear wheel drive. Close ratio manual 6 speed; a true sportscar.

Favorite Features

Lightweight, 50/50 weight distribution, great handling fun to drive car. Very nice interior easy to operate soft top. It's got a usable trunk!

Suggested Improvements

More power, I hope to see a MazdaSpeed version soon. Re-think the 6mt ratios. At least make 6th speed taller. Re-design the "center cup holders" there is no way you can put a cup in there and shift, turn it into a usable storage space. Ditch the "premium" Bose sound system, and make it optional.