Finally!
By GerryB on
2008 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Convertible w/Power Hard Top (2.0L 4cyl 6M)
Just got it so here are 1st thoughts. I've wanted a 2-seater since I was 12 and saw an MG midget parked outside. Finally got the Miata. Great, just great! Have read all reviews posted so far and agree with most. Great fun to drive. Great performance. Ingenious power hard top terrific option if you like the look and live in a climate where you'd like to extend the season (I do). I looked at all the other cars in a similar price range and there is simply no comparison. Others look and feel almost primitive vs. Miata. If you are thinking about the auto- transmission make sure you test the 6- speed also -- AT works well but it gives a totally different driving experience and feel. Get one & enjoy!
Favorite Features
Where do I start? 6-speed tranny is very responsive; handling is superb; inside and out are classy; I think cockpit is just the right size and balance. If you are looking for something roomier, get a performance sedan. I like the contrast between this, my Millennia (96 S - terrific car) and my SUV.
Suggested Improvements
Aux/MP3 input (it's 2008!); center bin with detachable cupholder for 5/6 spd tran; nicer dash insert to replace shiny plastic; padded armrest/center console; swivel visor; outside temp; higher low beam. Memory driver seat.