Best choice by far
By Chris on
2008 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Convertible w/Power Hard Top (2.0L 4cyl 6M)
Shopped the Solstice/Skye, Honda 2000 and Z3 and glad I chose the MX-5. The drive is great and I'm getting about 35 mpg on windy mountain roads in Colorado I drive every day. The PRHT was a tough choice to make at first but after having it and enjoying the quiet and added warmth as well as flawless operation I wouldn't make a change. It may give up a bit of top end compared to the others but the drive is WAY better, absolutely NO COMPARISON. This is my daily commuter (80 miles R/T) except when it snows and the comfort is fine.
Favorite Features
PRHT hands down a slam dunk! The Bose CD changer is pretty good as well. The beefed up suspension was a great choice and makes the car a joy to drive. Xenon low beams are great but could be aimed a bit higher.
Suggested Improvements
Door cup holder is a nuisance but the center console cup holder is totally useless so I guess the door mount is OK. The black interior dash strips should be replaced with wood grain - would look much better with the tan leather - may go aftermarket for this. Fog lights are very weak.