Best Car Ever
By Bruce on
2008 Mazda MX-5 Miata Touring 2dr Convertible w/Power Hard Top (2.0L 4cyl 6M)
I can't help but smile whenever I'm walking toward it or sitting behind the wheel. This car makes me happy! Shifting is a joy. Handling is light and nimble -- makes every other car (including my Mitsubishi Eclipse) feel like a tank. This car responds so quickly and directly that you'd swear it can read your mind. I've heard people say that you don't drive a Miata, you wear it. They are absolutely right. You've got to strap one on to believe it. And while you're there, take a glance at yourself in the rear view mirror. I bet you'll be smiling!
Favorite Features
The handling, and personal feel of the car. The quality of build seems exceptional. I love the open air driving and the way the car responds to driver inputs. Styling and the way other people react to my Miata. Gages are terrific. Steering feel & turning radius. Shifting is just plain fun.
Suggested Improvements
Steering wheel is too thin. Cup holder in the driver's door pokes me in the leg. It should be relocated. Clutch pedal is too long of a reach compared to the gas and brake pedals. Door panels should have pockets. Make cupholder inserts in the center console removable and pad the arm rest.