Almost spent $50K on a Boxster...
By NHBC on
2008 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Convertible w/Power Hard Top (2.0L 4cyl 6M)
And I am really glad that I did not! I was looking for a small, light, nimble and quick roadster with a little emphasis on comfort. Lotus had the performance and the size, but was a little too severe for the street. Corvette was luxurious and fast, but a bit on the heavy side, and do you really need 425HP? Besides, the seats were dreadful for a $60K automobile. Came down to the Audi TT roadster and the Porsche Boxster… almost pulled the pin on the Porsche until I decided to drive the MX-5. What a revelation! Don’t be fooled by the engine size – light weight combined with a willing engine and an utterly fabulous 6-speed manual box make for an incredible driving experience. No regrets!
Favorite Features
Great ride & handling; fabulous instruments,controls & Bose stereo. Power Retractable Hard Top. Fantastic build quality. Great mileage (29.8 MPG first tank/back roads). No European “badge baggage” or reliability issues to worry about. Forget the GPS, Bluetooth and luxury pack-grab a map and G0!
Suggested Improvements
Ipod adapter for the excellent Bose stereo should be standard. Maybe improve the quality of the interior carpeting… that’s about all I can think of.