2008 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:
High Priced Tin Can.
By Ewok on 05/28/10 05:59 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Sport 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My back can't handle much of this car. After an hour or so I believe I'd feel better if I was on a medieval torture rack. Would that it took that long to get tired of the racket this car makes. Took it in for service to deal with the rattle, squeak, and squeal from the dash. The service people were really nice but unfortunately the problem is still there. So if you like paying 20,000 for a tin can this is the car for you.

Fun drive-add inches
By gary moon on 09/21/08 06:45 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Sport 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Love the exterior style, price was a major factor in purchase. Turns out the machine is a hoot to drive, I fell in love during the test drive with the zippy feel and handling. My salesman just about had a coranary while I was puttng this car through its paces. Shifting the Miata is great fun, I love torturing the transmission from red light to red light.

Zoooom Zooooom
By 2008RedMiata on 09/03/08 13:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Sport 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Owned a 1990 Miata that I drove for yrs without any troubles. Decided to upgrade. Glad I did. Much more room than the original design. I just drove it 2000 miles in 5 days getting an avg of 33 mpg (28 mpg in the city). Comfort was better than anticipated for two people plus gear. This is not a "grocery getter". It is a fun car to drive to the drive in or in the mountains for a weekend get away. Zoooom Zooooom!!

What are you waiting for
By Chick on 08/05/08 21:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Sport 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is freakin awesome. Wanted one since '89, can't believe I waited so long. This car takes turns like she was on rails flat and smooth and no surprises. The brakes are just as impressive. Soft top operation could not be easier. The clutch pedal could be stiffer, it's a bit light for me.

Great little GoKart
By mike on 06/18/08 05:39 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Sport 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car as a summer toy and alternative commuter vehicle instead of my gas guzzling SUV. I had also considered the Pontiac Solstice, but found the level of fit, finish and refinement greater in the MX-5. It's obvious that improvements in the 19 years of production put the MX-5 as the front runner of affordable roadsters. It doesn't have the performance of a Porsche Boxster, or the panache of a BMW Z4, but at less than half the price, who cares! Popping the top down in 3 seconds for the drive home on a sunny day is priceless.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.