Used 2008 Mazda MX-5 Miata Touring Convertible Consumer Reviews - 3 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:

Why aren't more cars built like this?
By OwnDaRoad

2008 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have had my Miata for 21,000 miles without a major problem, other than routine maintenance. I have been asking other car companies to put this formula together, but only Mazda wants to do it. Even if you already have a truck/van/SUV that you are happy with, I would strongly recommend this car. The fuel and maintenance savings alone of using this for regular trips would almost pay for one of the most dependable machines I've ever owned.

Perfect handling, total control, good sound system, surefooted, ease of getting the top up and down.

Build a hatchback version with some decent cargo space. Just as important, everyone is asking for a rotary engine Miata.

2008 Touring Hardtop 6 speed
By rabbit

2008 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I wanted a convertible & found MX5 has the package deal. Discount off MSRP was very attractive too. Fit me well (5'4"). There are after markets that sell for faster speed & other accessories...

Hardtop, handling with the suspension package, fun driving with good speed (not for racing unless you have the turbo), fuel efficiency, good price, free 3 year roadside assistance (who needs spare tire?), low maintenance cost, cute car.

Lack interior storage space (need to redesign for sunglasses & purse storage spaces), rattle somewhere at dashboard, inadequate seat & ride comfort, gease leakage from trunk cover, no sun visor for side view, poor map light, lack good color choice (purple would be nice).

Loving My Miata
By sodiscool

2008 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I absolutely love my triple black Miata. After 2.5 months I still look for reasons to drive it. I was nervous about the suspension package but it handles amazingly and is still very smooth and controlled over bumps. Top operation is really fast. Cruises at 90 on the highway all day long. I am 5'11 and I fit just fine. This is a car for people that really love to drive. Take one for a test drive, you'll take it home.

Easy top operation, good sound system, short shifter, handling, 28 mpg

I wish I had an aux jack, one piece of the top buzzes on the highway, sun visors are pretty worthless