Used 2008 Mazda MX-5 Miata SV Consumer Reviews - 1 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mazda MX-5 Miata

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:

Love my 2008 Mazda Mx-5
By Christina Driver

2008 Mazda MX-5 Miata SV 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I went from a 1990 Miata that I loved to drive to my 2008 with I LOVE to drive. It is a different type of fun. My 90 was manual and a mini-beast. So much fun. But commuting with a stick was taking some of the fun out of it. My 2008 was purchased with only 42K miles and had a power retractable hardtop. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT ! Automatic transmission shifts smoothly with surprisingly alot of power. I still get to zoom zoom but with no more abuse on my clutch. The interior is no-frills but very comfortable. Radio and cruise control buttons are on the steering wheel which is ultra convenient. The hardtop retracts quickly and does not take up any of my trunk room. I have almost twice the trunk space as my 1990. Though still not the amount of a proper sedan, it is pretty roomy for a convertible. I have no regrets at all over my 2008 Mx-5 and can see why Mazda has such a dedicated fan base. This was really is great. Seats are good sized and comfortable. At least for short hauls of only a few hours. And the looks of the car are always turning heads. I get compliments almost daily.