Wow
By DasHand on
2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Convertible w/Power Hard Top (2.0L 4cyl 6M)
I use this as my daily driver and commute before rush hour. The car is so much fun to drive and the mileage is a real plus. 36.9 mpg on my last road trip with the a/c on (top up). I even got 31 mpg on a high speed run (85-90 mph)… amazing!! The six speed gearbox is so amazing that I don’t mind getting caught by red lights… it gives me another opportunity to go through those gears!! Acceleration is exceptional if you really get on the gas, but still really good if you just go through the gears. With the top down, the day’s worries just float away. There is a surprising amount of space in the trunk. Interior space is ok for me at 6ft tall.
Favorite Features
The PRHT is really a plus. The Bose mp3 sound system is more than adequate for my nuevo flamenco. Love the easy to read gauges. Heated seats make winter time top down enjoyable. Cockpit layout well thought out. Did I mention the six speed? Wow
Suggested Improvements
The top does squeak a bit during very cold weather. Would be nice to have trip computer, compass and ambient temperature readouts. A "homelink" would be nice since inside storage for a garage remote is limited... mine resides in the drivers door cup holder.