More zoom
By miata2 on
2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Sport 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
Very nice roadster for the money. All the Miata driving traits carried to the next level, worthy successor to my '95 Miata. Superior handling, braking, manual shifting, cornering etc. But. I think Mazda blew some of these details: exterior styling rear end. Boring. Needs the spoiler just to get going. Front styling. The round hood shape is odd and visually distracting. Interior. Console cup holders are useless, should be storage with gas and trunk releases. Interior. No map pockets. Huh? Gas door release. Torturous location. Exterior colors. The cloth top is an ugly color. All of the body colors except black need to be richer, see Porsche. Side styling lacks character.
Favorite Features
The driving experience and reliability. In spite of my styling dings, I think Mazda is headed in the right way, they just blew some details. Fuel economy. Exhaust note. Playfulness. Price. Wheel styles. Trunk light. Seats. Roll over bars and side air bags. Ease of manual top use. Speed.
Suggested Improvements
A wonderful, affordable, fun car marred by ergonomic and styling miscues that should be easy to fix. My seatbelt retractor sometimes sticks due to the plastic guide. Safety hazard. Mazda should employ a Travel Agency for organized drives around the world in these things. A new business model!