2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic w/Power Hard Top Consumer Review - My 3300 miles in an

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible - Consumer Review

My 3300 miles in an MX-5 PRHT GT
By dcrisler on

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Convertible w/Power Hard Top (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Well as the title say, I have driven 3300 miles now. The car has been flawless, I took it back to the dealer to have the advanced keyless remote reprogrammed to lock the car if I move more than 2 feet from the car. The remote stays in my pocket and works great. The retractable hardtop has been flawless and is a work of art. The trunk is larger than my old S2000 and while the MX-5 would loose a race to the more powerful S2000, it is just as fun to drive. The 17 inch wheels look great and the brakes work very well. My only complaint is the Bose 6cd/mp3 radio does not display RDS data or scroll the mp3 titles. Other than that the car has been every thing I expected.

Favorite Features

Advanced Keyless entry... no more digging for a car key! Retractable hardtop, plenty of power and fun to drive. Clutch and throttle make it very easy to shift and rev match when down shifting.

Suggested Improvements

Seats need lumbar support like the S2000 (or maybe just give us the seats out of the S2000!), the extra cost high end Bose stereo should have all the latest features. The Bose in my 03' Avalanche at least has RDS and scrolls the info display, Could use a little less sway (firmer springs?).