Fun! Fun! Fun!
By carmagreader on
2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Convertible w/Power Hard Top (2.0L 4cyl 6A)
This car is a blast to drive, period! It's light, responsive, quick, and boy, does it corner! I test drove 4 on 3 occasions trying to decide which model. I got the GT PRHT in silver w/ black leather. Not my first choice by far in the beginning, but became my favorite by the end. Personally, the tan interior which was my 1st choice, kept looking cheaper the more I saw it. The black looks sharp and richer although it gets hot fast. I replaced a Ford Expedition with this, and good riddance! I'm done with big cars. If I need one, I'll rent it. I have so much fun driving the MX-5. Top up, down, tight, no room to move inside, noisy, bouncy, it's all good! It's even a bit throaty on the exhaust!
Favorite Features
Handling, responsiveness, and fun factor are huge pluse! Engine loves to rev and tranny well mated w/ paddles. Power hardtop is absolutely great! Considered softop, but glad I got the PRHT. Very well designed overall inside and out. Great choice on tone of silver paint. Decent mpg, no complaints.
Suggested Improvements
Minuses are few and minor, they include hard plastic where knees rest, door cupholders are unnecessary, center cupholders too small and useless as storage due to huge latch, storage under door armrest would have been nice, some plastics seem a bit cheap (learn from VW), add few more ponies please.