2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:
2007 MX5 GT PRHT
By Terry on 11/22/06 18:24 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Convertible w/Power Hard Top (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have had this car for 2 days now and I love it. I'm only 5'8" so space is not a big problem even though getting in an out of a low car is interesting. I feel the car fits likes a glove. The best word to describe this car is FUN! I live in the SF Bay Area and plan to drive this everywhere including along PCH1, Napa, and Santa Cruz. Having the retractable hard top is convenient and allows me to have a quieter ride if I prefer. It also provides a sense of security vs. a soft top. Be aware that the recommended fuel octane on this car is Premium (91 octane).

BELL'S 2007 GRAND TOURING PHT MANUAL M
By WILLIAM V. BELL on 11/21/06 11:20 AM (PST)

I have only had this car for a little over a month. I have driven approximately 900 miles. 11,000 annual miles is a projection. I have ordered a SAT satellite radio and a CDC in-dash 6 disc CD/MP3 changer, but it has not been installed yet.

Best Miata Ever
By FL_owner on 11/16/06 05:57 AM (PST)

I can't imagine more fun for the money, and the hard top is a nice feature. It's not an SC430 or an SLK, but if you want a classic roadster in the vein of an MG or Fiat Spyder with rock solid reliability and low cost of ownership, along with some measure of practicality like a usable trunk and excellent fuel economy, there's simply no better car on the market.

Rollin' the Rockies
By DOC on 10/31/06 07:53 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Although I've only had my MX-5 for a few weeks, driving it is already one of my favorite pastimes. It's a hunny... without a doubt. The power hard lid is just plain sweet. Looks, handling, power, and curb appeal are outstanding. Can't wait for warmer weather and mountain roads.

2007 MX-5 Miata Grand Touring Hardtop
By Dannie on 10/30/06 08:42 AM (PST)

Outstanding all around vehicle. A sheer preasure to drive. Great handling, plenty of power, good build quality, good looks inside and out. Beats the competition, hands down! I drove the others and came back and bought the MX-5 Miata! 30 mpg! The top is a work of art! Greatly enhances look of the car. Wheels may be too large in diameter - may distract from overall appearance due to size. At first sight, eyes are drawn to wheels instead of car! At second glance everything seems to mesh and look good - have mixed emotions - not sure if a 16 inch wheel might have been better aesthetically.

Best all around sports car
By Dannie on 10/26/06 16:33 PM (PDT)

Outstanding performance, ride, and looks. Smooth clutch and transmission! Plenty of power. Handling is outstanding. I drove the others (competition); none can match it for value, fun, or handling. Build quality far superior to low-end competition and as good or better than the high-end. The interior is beautiful and well made. I looked at and drove many of the competition and always came back to the MX-5 Miata. My first tank of gas produced 29.754 MPG. My second tank produced 30.1 MPG! I am working on the third. Everything works as advertised. The top is a work-of-art! It greatly enhances the overall look of the car. I have no problem with the cup holders - THEY HOLD CUPS!

A dash of exotic for the Miata
By 2007 D-Blue Tan Leat on 10/08/06 15:20 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Epitome of FUN,. from 1000 - 6500 rpm this 2.0 liter engine sounds suspiciously like the 3.6L boxer power plant from Porsche. The interior is much more exotic then any previous MX-5 with the dark tan/reddish leather. Just a all round fun car but it's hard to be your only car. Not great in winter. Great on gas, gets a LOT of looks. You get a $60,000 look for less than $30k. May cause younger age appearance.

2007 MX-5 with power hard top
By chris on 09/28/06 13:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Touring 2dr Convertible w/Power Hard Top (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The MX-5 with power hard top draws a lot of interest. The top works easily and I don't notice the extra weight. The trunk space isn't compromised either. With the top up, however, there is a huge blind spot on your left side so adjust the mirrors carefully. I'm six foot three and I fit comfortably. The copper red mica is attractive without screaming "look at me". The engine is willing and scoots quickly. The transmission shifts lightly, but even with the 6 speed, it seems like it needs another gear when cruising on the freeway.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.