2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:
Unbelievable
By LIBERTINE on 03/11/07 22:44 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Convertible w/Power Hard Top (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is the kind of car that makes one glad to be alive! True to roadster heritage. I recommend getting a pair of good driving gloves to go along with this car.

Just Purchased 2007 MX-5 PRHT
By ntouched on 03/05/07 20:30 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Convertible w/Power Hard Top (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Excellent in every way. Comfortable, quick and fun to drive. Beautiful Car!

Zoom-zoom
By sshpilot on 02/23/07 04:32 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

1500 miles in 3 weeks, city and highway and I love it. An absolute joy to drive. My wife wanted an automatic and I was dead set against it. Everyone knows an auto saps the power and destroys the driving experience...not in this car. There is plenty of power and I've come to really enjoy the paddle shift even though it took some getting used to.

Great to Drive, Poor Quality Interior
By Eddie on 02/20/07 12:11 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I love this car! Plenty of power, great handling. Love the looks both inside and out. No problems, all maintenance has been very affordable, great dealer has been doing the maintenance for me. One flaw - very very very low quality plastics in the interior. The plastics scratch very very easily. In taking my laptop out of the passenger seat, it scratched the dash, also I've been putting my cell phone on the console near the power outlet and it too is scratched, just from being there. I'm hoping the company has a recall and they fix this - until then, it's the biggest bummer on such a FUN FUN FUN car!

Driving me wild!
By Iowa driver on 01/02/07 09:59 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Sport 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Just bought my Silver MX5 this past weekend. Have put about 300 miles on her so far. 3 words, LOVE LOVE & LOVE. Great handling, awesome appearance, and I am pretty amazed that my insurance is so inexpensive. It is a driver's dream. If a person enjoys being behind the whee this is the car for you. I have owned high-end European imports and for the money, this is a much bigger bang for the buck. The new styling that was introduced last year is a nice improvement. Truly this is the 2 seater that sets the standard. Great job, Mazda...very nicely done!

MX-5 is a blast to drive!
By Jack on 12/28/06 20:31 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Sport 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The only thing I don't like about the car is the seats are not the most comfortable but the car is a blast to drive. I really wanted a car with a V-6 but the style and looks of the MX-5 won me over. I was very pleased with the car's performance and it has some get up and go for a 4 cylinder. I looked at other cars in its class but they did not have as much room and little to no trunk space. The MX-5 has a nice trunk and a storage area behind the seats that you can place items in. The cup holders on the doors makes it nice and allows you to shift the vehicle without worrying about hitting your drink. I'm very pleased with my MX-5 and it's affordable and offers more than others in its class.

Great Overall
By jd on 12/19/06 12:25 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I looked at a number of cars for several years. In the course of searching I narrowed my criteria to maximum value for few dollars. That eliminated Porsches, BMW's, MB's and a number of other cars. I chose the MX-5 because it was not a compromise. It drives exceptionally, the new interior is first rate, the exterior restyle is spot on and I didn't have to sell a kidney to get it. What really sold me though is that this is what a sports car is. It reminds me of what made cars so important in my life and what made me want a car that was "special". The MX-5 is special. I can race this car if I choose, modify it to make it better or leave bone stock and it's just great. It's just perfect.

Awesome Roadster
By jsabowabo on 12/15/06 05:02 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is my first roadster and let me say it is awesome. This car is just a blast to drive. I never considered the Solstice because it's a GM product and I couldn't get over it's "look at me" flashy design. The engine in the MX-5 is a gem, as is the transmission. I couldn't imagine buying this car with an auto. The handling is amazing, as is the top operation. This certainly isn't the fastest car I've owned, but with this car you don't need to be breaking the speed limit to have fun. It really is like driving an oversize go-cart, which is why I bought it. On top of that it's pretty practical for a Roadster, with a usable trunk and plenty of interior storage.

Love this thing...
By christak on 12/11/06 21:11 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible w/Power Hard Top (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I've had my 2007 Miata PRHT for about 3 days now, but already find this to be an amazing vehicle. It's a real pleasure to drive and the PRHT is definitely worth the money -- much quieter than the soft top inside the vehicle. I've owned a 280ZX, an MGB, an Acura Integra LS, and most recently a Toyota Celica GTS. The Miata is far and away the most fun and responsive vehicle of the bunch. Go get one! ;-)

Miata MX-5 GT with PRHT
By Tony on 12/06/06 12:43 PM (PST)

I only have a little over 100 miles on the car but so far I can tell you this is a true sports car. The handling is right in tune with a car of this type. Power and torque is there when you need it even with the auto transmission and paddle shifters. The ride quality is what you would expect from any good sports car. Firm! I had a 3 Series BMW before the MX-5 and it will give the BMW a run for its money in every way for about $9 grand less.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.