2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:
Wow
By DasHand on 05/29/08 06:13 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Convertible w/Power Hard Top (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I use this as my daily driver and commute before rush hour. The car is so much fun to drive and the mileage is a real plus. 36.9 mpg on my last road trip with the a/c on (top up). I even got 31 mpg on a high speed run (85-90 mph)… amazing!! The six speed gearbox is so amazing that I don’t mind getting caught by red lights… it gives me another opportunity to go through those gears!! Acceleration is exceptional if you really get on the gas, but still really good if you just go through the gears. With the top down, the day’s worries just float away. There is a surprising amount of space in the trunk. Interior space is ok for me at 6ft tall.

Timeless Elegance
By thereitis on 05/28/08 14:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Sport 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Exudes the timeless elegance of a British roadster unlike any convertible on the market. It says "look at me" in such a mature, polite manner. Responsive yet surprisingly comfortable, the MX-5 drives/handles as well or better than European automobiles (expertly crafted in Japan).

My second MX5
By Andy in Cleveland on 04/24/08 10:55 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Sadly sold my 1990 Generation 1 Miata a few weeks ago. Was not sure about jumping to a generation 3 car but made the leap a few days ago. This car is a blast to drive. The only problem is driving to work. I'd rather go the other way and drive all day.

waaay too much fun!
By cc on 04/11/08 19:43 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Convertible w/Power Hard Top (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I keep asking myself, how cool is this? Hard day at work? No prob. Hit the button, the roof opens and all the cares of the day float away in the breeze. Bad hair day? Great excuse. Mid life crisis? This is better than psychotherapy and botox combined! When I say my prayers at night I thank god for my little blue dream in the driveway - and I can't wait to wake up and drive! Thank you Mazda.

Miata MX-5 is awesome!
By Dmitry on 02/05/08 16:10 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Driving this car brings me happiness as well as enjoy the sun shines. It allows not only to move from one point to another but gives you emotions and lots of fun with no speeding or dangerous driving. I have never had any problems or issues with my car given I had technical maintenance twice. The only thing you might care about is driving in mountains during the winter. But I did drive to Mt. Hood three times, so nothing is impossible. Just don't forget it's rear-wheel drive car with all its positives and a few negatives.

After 1 year still lovin' it...
By Lucibelle on 01/02/08 18:59 PM (PST)

We have been driving the MX5 PRHT for almost a year now and still love the experience. The only reason I get to drive is because my wife loves to be chauffered. The car is a real show stopper, everywhere we go someone is turning their head to see that car go by. As small as it looks any 6' person should be able to fit and get in and out comfortably. One complaint, I can't drive the car without breaking the law, it always wants more Zoom- zoom.

Still Love This Thing!
By christak on 12/17/07 21:12 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible w/Power Hard Top (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I originally posted here on 12/11/2006, three days after I picked up my MX-5. Well, here I am about 1 year later and I still love this car. I have nothing but great things to say -- still getting 30 mpg and have had no problems with the car. The PRHT is perfect; interior/exterior finish still looks great; no issues requiring any service or repair; extremely fun to drive with plenty of responsiveness; 6-speed automatic works great; still an amazing vehicle. I still suggest that you go get one!! ;-)

My MX-5 GT
By John on 09/29/07 19:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

My wife and I decided to get rid of our motorcycle and buy a small sportscar, convertible. We bought our Mazda MX-5 the day after selling the cycle. This has been the best buy we ever made. We both love driving it and we drove it to the Great Smoky Mountains a couple of weeks after buying it. Had a ball driving in the Smokies with the top down. Can't compare with the motorcycle. No hot, wet, uncomfortable days with this toy. Should have bought one years ago.

Never too late to Zoom Zoom
By Hill Country Guy on 09/21/07 15:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

It's an awesome driving experience for this 67 year young kid in the Texas Hill Country and the ease it handles and hugs the road on the curves. I've only had it for two weeks and it's averaging right at 30 MPG. My neighbor told me that it's a motorcyle on 4 wheels. The six speed auto tranny is very smooth and I'm still learning the paddle shifting feature which is fun. I agree with others, that you do need to stop after a couple of hours and limber up. Mazda did a wonderful job on the exterior and interior design and the soft top is so easy to operate. I wish I'd done this 10 years ago.

Fun Fun Fun!!
By r0n on 09/18/07 00:17 AM (PDT)

I love this car! Sure, it's not the most powerful or the flashiest, but it's just unbelievably fun to drive. The handling is very nimble and confidence inspiring, while still being comfortable enough for a 60 mi roundtrip commute. Acceleration is very good despite only having 166 hp, but don't expect to win many drag races. Having the security and added comfort of the PRHT was definitely worth it. The whole process only takes 12 secs! Sure, I could have gotten something with more power, "practicality" or better handling specs, but none in this price range can match the Miata's quality, driver-vehicle connection, and fun factor. I don't regret for a moment buying this car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.