2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:
Alberta Canada
By Dave on 08/21/08 20:23 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Fun car to drive. Lots of power from the 2 L engine. 6 spd manual box is smooth with accurate shifter. More fun to drive with the traction control switched OFF, when I remember as it defaults to ON at start-up, better for safety I guess. Limited slip dif is the only way to go. I like the styling and performance better than my previous MX5 which was a '91 with 1.6 L and 5 spd manual, no comparison really. Room in the '07 for a 6'2" driver, the '91 was cramped.

Fantastic car... zoom zoom
By fantasticcar on 08/29/07 09:03 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Before buying our car, I read a lot of reviews here on Edmunds of people saying how wonderful their MX-5s were. These reviews helped me in deciding to get the true-red Miata MX-5 Grand Touring with splash guards and chrome fuel door over the competition. We've had our car about 10 days now and I can truly say this is the most fun car I have ever owned. The engineers at Mazda definitely got it right. It's obvious they've been doing this for 18 years. The car's lines are very sexy and pleasing to the eye and the performance will really get your heart beating. Now the only problem I face is arguing with my wife over who gets to drive the car today.

Pure Fun
By Bob on 05/14/07 20:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car is pure fun. Most bang for the buck. With the suspension package, traction control, and stability control cornering is superb and virtually no nose dive when braking. Ride is suprisingly smooth for such a short wheelbase and suspension package. The MX5 fits like a glove and everything is in its proper place except for the cup holders in the console which I have found to be a good place to stash gasoline receipts. The Copper Red Mica with tan leather has drawn nothing but compliments. Gas mileage is impressive returning 30 mpg in the first 600 miles of which only 200 has been highway driving. The convertible top is a marvel, just unlatch it and heave it over your shoulder.

Awesome Fun Car!
By chris on 04/10/07 09:29 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is an awesome fun sports car for the enthusiast or the first timer like my girl friend who learned to drive this sporty short-throw 6 speed in about 1/2 an hour. The heated leather seats in the GT model are unbelievable! Top down, windows up, heater on and a sunny day is ALL you need for Fun Fun Fun or should I say Zoom Zoom Zoom. I can now see why this is the world's most popular selling sports car convertible!

Can you say Zoom Zoom? I can
By MX-5 zoom on 03/16/07 10:27 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Can you say Zoom Zoom? And I did not have to break the bank to get into one. I forgot how to drive being stuck inside a minivan for for years. Gave up my Trans Am for family. Well now I have a toy to play with. It just flat out goes. I was never one for the "chick" car and the pictures on the net do not do it any justice. Go to a dealership and look at one yourself. ZOOM ZOOM. Need to purchase a fuzz buster for it.

Great Overall
By jd on 12/19/06 12:25 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I looked at a number of cars for several years. In the course of searching I narrowed my criteria to maximum value for few dollars. That eliminated Porsches, BMW's, MB's and a number of other cars. I chose the MX-5 because it was not a compromise. It drives exceptionally, the new interior is first rate, the exterior restyle is spot on and I didn't have to sell a kidney to get it. What really sold me though is that this is what a sports car is. It reminds me of what made cars so important in my life and what made me want a car that was "special". The MX-5 is special. I can race this car if I choose, modify it to make it better or leave bone stock and it's just great. It's just perfect.

A dash of exotic for the Miata
By 2007 D-Blue Tan Leat on 10/08/06 15:20 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Epitome of FUN,. from 1000 - 6500 rpm this 2.0 liter engine sounds suspiciously like the 3.6L boxer power plant from Porsche. The interior is much more exotic then any previous MX-5 with the dark tan/reddish leather. Just a all round fun car but it's hard to be your only car. Not great in winter. Great on gas, gets a LOT of looks. You get a $60,000 look for less than $30k. May cause younger age appearance.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.