Used 2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:

Alberta Canada
By Dave

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Fun car to drive. Lots of power from the 2 L engine. 6 spd manual box is smooth with accurate shifter. More fun to drive with the traction control switched OFF, when I remember as it defaults to ON at start-up, better for safety I guess. Limited slip dif is the only way to go. I like the styling and performance better than my previous MX5 which was a '91 with 1.6 L and 5 spd manual, no comparison really. Room in the '07 for a 6'2" driver, the '91 was cramped.

Style, performance, very well balanced car. It handles like it's on rails, even if the pavement is less than perfectly smooth. Lots of storage in cockpit and trunk is reasonable size. Excellent gas mileage.

Driver's side cup holder is hard on the knee. Poor visibility to the rear with the top up. A spare tire of some type would be nice, it can be a long way to tire service in Northern Alberta!

Fantastic car... zoom zoom
By fantasticcar

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Before buying our car, I read a lot of reviews here on Edmunds of people saying how wonderful their MX-5s were. These reviews helped me in deciding to get the true-red Miata MX-5 Grand Touring with splash guards and chrome fuel door over the competition. We've had our car about 10 days now and I can truly say this is the most fun car I have ever owned. The engineers at Mazda definitely got it right. It's obvious they've been doing this for 18 years. The car's lines are very sexy and pleasing to the eye and the performance will really get your heart beating. Now the only problem I face is arguing with my wife over who gets to drive the car today.

The cockpit layout, the sound quality with the Bose system, the acceleration, the handling on curves, the ease of shifting the six-speed, the ease of opening and closing the soft top and the engine purr. This car costs less than the competition, but performs better.

Leave it as is. Zoom zoom zoom!

Pure Fun
By Bob

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car is pure fun. Most bang for the buck. With the suspension package, traction control, and stability control cornering is superb and virtually no nose dive when braking. Ride is suprisingly smooth for such a short wheelbase and suspension package. The MX5 fits like a glove and everything is in its proper place except for the cup holders in the console which I have found to be a good place to stash gasoline receipts. The Copper Red Mica with tan leather has drawn nothing but compliments. Gas mileage is impressive returning 30 mpg in the first 600 miles of which only 200 has been highway driving. The convertible top is a marvel, just unlatch it and heave it over your shoulder.

Great handling with a fairly comfortable ride. Easiest operating non power convertible top on the market. Steering wheel controls for sound system lets you keep eyes on the road at all time. Power is more than adequate and engine revs like crazy but still pulls well at low rpm in higher gears.

Scrap the console cup holders on the manual transmission and make it a storage bin.

Awesome Fun Car!
By chris

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is an awesome fun sports car for the enthusiast or the first timer like my girl friend who learned to drive this sporty short-throw 6 speed in about 1/2 an hour. The heated leather seats in the GT model are unbelievable! Top down, windows up, heater on and a sunny day is ALL you need for Fun Fun Fun or should I say Zoom Zoom Zoom. I can now see why this is the world's most popular selling sports car convertible!

Interior cockpit is functional and well laid out, everything at your fingertips!

A better job on the coloring for the tan top, lets face it, it is BROWN but that's about the only bad thing I can say!

Can you say Zoom Zoom? I can
By MX-5 zoom

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Can you say Zoom Zoom? And I did not have to break the bank to get into one. I forgot how to drive being stuck inside a minivan for for years. Gave up my Trans Am for family. Well now I have a toy to play with. It just flat out goes. I was never one for the "chick" car and the pictures on the net do not do it any justice. Go to a dealership and look at one yourself. ZOOM ZOOM. Need to purchase a fuzz buster for it.

Get rid of the door cup holders. My only complaint about this car.