Used 2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:

Best little convertible
By alainp

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Sport 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had mine for 4 years and I still love it. So much fun to drive.

Favorite Features

Handling!

Suggested Improvements

Maybe more storage if feasible...

Great Car and lots of fun
By keninaz

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I owned many of the British cars of the late 50s and 60s and in many ways this car reminds me of them. Putting the top up is a one hand operation but the improvement is that you don't need a snap on tonneau cover to make it look good when it's down. I think for the money that the MX-5 roadster is one of the best buys out there.

Favorite Features

The handling is great and the ratios used in the 6 speed are also very nice. Even in 6th gear you have plenty of torque to handle steep grades without shifting down. Give me a twisty mountain road and turn me loose!

Suggested Improvements

The only improvement that I could see that would help somewhat is a bit more padding in the seats.

Never loved a car till this one ;)
By LoveMeeata

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I absolutely love to drive my Miata! It is so quick on the highway and just flat-out a BLAST! The convertible top is easy to manage from INSIDE the car...love that! My family whines that it's too small and "get a real car" but ya know...they are just jea-LOUS! My 6'3" 250 lb boyfriend complains that he doesn't fit in it, but he's always grabbing the keys to get a chance to drive it. lol

Favorite Features

Love the body design. Ease of using the convertible top. Seat warmers! Bose Stereo.

Suggested Improvements

My only complaint is that there is no MP3 plug in spot. And it's expensive to put in, the dealer wanted to charge me $400! crazy! Frye's will do it for $160. Those lighter jacks work terrible and my Ipod sound is scratchy at best. Also, no spare tire but it's the price of perfection

07 Grand Touring MX5
By DJ

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Convertible w/Power Hard Top (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Best value for this size vehicle. Shopped around looking at sky, crossfire, solstice. Best mix of interior and exterior looks. It is a true joy to drive. As long as you are on decent roads anyway. Bumpy roads tend to throw it around a bit.

Favorite Features

Automatic retractable Hard Top 30 mpg in an automatic Great handling, barring bumpy roads. Bose sound system. Heated seats.

Suggested Improvements

Better lumbar support. Not sure if shocks/suspension can improve the handling on bumpy roads.

07 grand touring mx 5
By wiseman

i bought a 07 grand touring hard top conv. it had 10,00 miles is all. i love it. a blast to drive.a real attention getter. seats could use a better lumbar support. otherwise its great. mine is silver with black leather. its all that and a bag of chips. good job mazda. and bose sound system is just another bonus. my recommendation is check out other two seaters and compare prices. mazda is the best bargain for the buck.

Favorite Features

auto hardtop convertible. bose sound, steering wheel controls.

Suggested Improvements

better seats. lumbar support.