2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:
Best little convertible
By alainp on 02/01/13 18:17 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Sport 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had mine for 4 years and I still love it. So much fun to drive.

Great Car and lots of fun
By keninaz on 12/02/12 11:33 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I owned many of the British cars of the late 50s and 60s and in many ways this car reminds me of them. Putting the top up is a one hand operation but the improvement is that you don't need a snap on tonneau cover to make it look good when it's down. I think for the money that the MX-5 roadster is one of the best buys out there.

Never loved a car till this one ;)
By LoveMeeata on 11/14/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I absolutely love to drive my Miata! It is so quick on the highway and just flat-out a BLAST! The convertible top is easy to manage from INSIDE the car...love that! My family whines that it's too small and "get a real car" but ya know...they are just jea-LOUS! My 6'3" 250 lb boyfriend complains that he doesn't fit in it, but he's always grabbing the keys to get a chance to drive it. lol

07 Grand Touring MX5
By DJ on 12/01/09 10:35 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Convertible w/Power Hard Top (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Best value for this size vehicle. Shopped around looking at sky, crossfire, solstice. Best mix of interior and exterior looks. It is a true joy to drive. As long as you are on decent roads anyway. Bumpy roads tend to throw it around a bit.

07 grand touring mx 5
By wiseman on 05/04/09 20:00 PM (PDT)

i bought a 07 grand touring hard top conv. it had 10,00 miles is all. i love it. a blast to drive.a real attention getter. seats could use a better lumbar support. otherwise its great. mine is silver with black leather. its all that and a bag of chips. good job mazda. and bose sound system is just another bonus. my recommendation is check out other two seaters and compare prices. mazda is the best bargain for the buck.

Love My Miata
By smittyad on 12/31/08 18:32 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Sport 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I wanted a 2 seater but not the Miata. I went to go get the Sky, loved the exterior but hated the interior, same with the solstice. I test drove every other 2 seater less than 35,000 then I said to be fair I would test drive the Miata. I fell in love. My only regret is that I should have gotten the touring special edition. But when I purchase a new one I will get it.

5 Stars for the new MX-5 PRHT
By Snugglz on 10/11/08 06:49 AM (PDT)

My 2007 PRHT MX-5 is awesome! I love everything about my roadster. It handles and drives great! The power top is nice and the cockpit is much quieter than a soft top. Love the 7 speaker Bose system and the heated seats! Thanks Mazda for building such a fantastic car!

Alberta Canada
By Dave on 08/21/08 20:23 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Fun car to drive. Lots of power from the 2 L engine. 6 spd manual box is smooth with accurate shifter. More fun to drive with the traction control switched OFF, when I remember as it defaults to ON at start-up, better for safety I guess. Limited slip dif is the only way to go. I like the styling and performance better than my previous MX5 which was a '91 with 1.6 L and 5 spd manual, no comparison really. Room in the '07 for a 6'2" driver, the '91 was cramped.

New used PRHT automatic MX5
By convertable on 08/10/08 20:22 PM (PDT)

We purchased our car used in New Orleans with 7900 miles on it. We flew to New Orleans from Wa State to pick it up and drive it back home. We put 4K miles on the car in 2 weeks. We had to pack light but were able to get enough shorts and tops in it to make the trip. We averaged 31.6 MPG over the 4000 miles. We had no problems with the car or our backs and legs on the trip. The hard top helped with the noise as it was up most of the time on the freeways. I had read reviews about squeaks with the top and as soon as we drove off the lot I heard the same thing. Mazda in Wa. was able to fix with foam tape in the two receptors for the top at the top sides of windshield. Lots of Zoom Zoom!!

Just a fun car to drive!
By Rick on 08/02/08 17:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Convertible w/Power Hard Top (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have had the car for over a year now and it is just as much fun to drive today and the very first time I stepped into the vehicle. It handles great and rides very nice for a small car. You can hold a conversation with your co-pilot even at 80 mph!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.