Used 2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Touring Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:

Great Car and lots of fun
By keninaz

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I owned many of the British cars of the late 50s and 60s and in many ways this car reminds me of them. Putting the top up is a one hand operation but the improvement is that you don't need a snap on tonneau cover to make it look good when it's down. I think for the money that the MX-5 roadster is one of the best buys out there.

The handling is great and the ratios used in the 6 speed are also very nice. Even in 6th gear you have plenty of torque to handle steep grades without shifting down. Give me a twisty mountain road and turn me loose!

The only improvement that I could see that would help somewhat is a bit more padding in the seats.

Never too late to Zoom Zoom
By Hill Country Guy

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

It's an awesome driving experience for this 67 year young kid in the Texas Hill Country and the ease it handles and hugs the road on the curves. I've only had it for two weeks and it's averaging right at 30 MPG. My neighbor told me that it's a motorcyle on 4 wheels. The six speed auto tranny is very smooth and I'm still learning the paddle shifting feature which is fun. I agree with others, that you do need to stop after a couple of hours and limber up. Mazda did a wonderful job on the exterior and interior design and the soft top is so easy to operate. I wish I'd done this 10 years ago.

Overall design as it does turn heads, Bose sound system, ease of handling, fuel efficient as advertised, and just plain fun to drive.

Might add a few more horses to the engine and stronger fan blower, otherwise don't try to fix something that ain't broke.

Sweet, With Caveats
By jaybee

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Purchased partly in reponse to a regretful sale of a 1999 Miata. This is a huge upgrade to the second generation Miata. They are completely different vehicles; we purchased this after reviewing competitive offerings from GM and BMW.

6 speed manual, interior design is logical and classy. Handling is near-perfect. Reasonable fuel economy. Shape starting to become masculine. Accessory catalog is addictive once you start. Great value for $.

Satellite radio is dealer installed: wires are visible on exterior! Seat hurts your bum after 30 mins. Various rattles in dash - loud enough for my wife to notice. Add rubber cushion to cup holder base. Add spare tire. Fabric gets bunched up in cold weather when lowering top. Prem fuel only.

One of the only true sports cars
By No More Motorcycle

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Don't buy this car unless you really want a true sports car. If that's what you want this car is sure to make you happy. I just can't understand why GM is the only other car maker that has something to compete with the Miata. And their two products are distant seconds. Get this car if you really want to have fun driving and you don't just want to burn rubber in an over-priced, over-powered machine.

Appearance, handling and top-down fun.

Make the seats just a little more comfortable and boost the HP a little if it can be done without increasing the price. If not just leave it alone and don't ruin a great car and a great buy.

Painfully fun to drive
By Chris

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Loved the car, but couldn't take the low, hard seats and harsh ride. I do not think that the 17" tires helped the ride quality as well. Sold the car after only two months of ownership. It was fun to drive and got 27 mpg.

Overall package, radio controls on the steering wheel, looks.

Seats need to be higher and more elbow and leg room. A softer ride package. Low profile tires look nice but do not help to dampen the suspension.