2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:
Great Car and lots of fun
By keninaz on 12/02/12 11:33 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I owned many of the British cars of the late 50s and 60s and in many ways this car reminds me of them. Putting the top up is a one hand operation but the improvement is that you don't need a snap on tonneau cover to make it look good when it's down. I think for the money that the MX-5 roadster is one of the best buys out there.

Never too late to Zoom Zoom
By Hill Country Guy on 09/21/07 15:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

It's an awesome driving experience for this 67 year young kid in the Texas Hill Country and the ease it handles and hugs the road on the curves. I've only had it for two weeks and it's averaging right at 30 MPG. My neighbor told me that it's a motorcyle on 4 wheels. The six speed auto tranny is very smooth and I'm still learning the paddle shifting feature which is fun. I agree with others, that you do need to stop after a couple of hours and limber up. Mazda did a wonderful job on the exterior and interior design and the soft top is so easy to operate. I wish I'd done this 10 years ago.

Sweet, With Caveats
By jaybee on 07/16/07 16:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Purchased partly in reponse to a regretful sale of a 1999 Miata. This is a huge upgrade to the second generation Miata. They are completely different vehicles; we purchased this after reviewing competitive offerings from GM and BMW.

One of the only true sports cars
By No More Motorcycle on 06/15/07 14:06 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Don't buy this car unless you really want a true sports car. If that's what you want this car is sure to make you happy. I just can't understand why GM is the only other car maker that has something to compete with the Miata. And their two products are distant seconds. Get this car if you really want to have fun driving and you don't just want to burn rubber in an over-priced, over-powered machine.

Painfully fun to drive
By Chris on 05/03/07 18:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Loved the car, but couldn't take the low, hard seats and harsh ride. I do not think that the 17" tires helped the ride quality as well. Sold the car after only two months of ownership. It was fun to drive and got 27 mpg.

Darn near perfect.
By DamienG on 04/04/07 10:42 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Went from a 1991 Miata to this. BIG upgrade. A tiny bit more sterile than the jittery, vibrating 1991, but better in every way. Enough power, extremely well balanced yet controlled. Turns commutes into an enjoyable experience.

Great to Drive, Poor Quality Interior
By Eddie on 02/20/07 12:11 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I love this car! Plenty of power, great handling. Love the looks both inside and out. No problems, all maintenance has been very affordable, great dealer has been doing the maintenance for me. One flaw - very very very low quality plastics in the interior. The plastics scratch very very easily. In taking my laptop out of the passenger seat, it scratched the dash, also I've been putting my cell phone on the console near the power outlet and it too is scratched, just from being there. I'm hoping the company has a recall and they fix this - until then, it's the biggest bummer on such a FUN FUN FUN car!

Awesome Roadster
By jsabowabo on 12/15/06 05:02 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is my first roadster and let me say it is awesome. This car is just a blast to drive. I never considered the Solstice because it's a GM product and I couldn't get over it's "look at me" flashy design. The engine in the MX-5 is a gem, as is the transmission. I couldn't imagine buying this car with an auto. The handling is amazing, as is the top operation. This certainly isn't the fastest car I've owned, but with this car you don't need to be breaking the speed limit to have fun. It really is like driving an oversize go-cart, which is why I bought it. On top of that it's pretty practical for a Roadster, with a usable trunk and plenty of interior storage.

Rollin' the Rockies
By DOC on 10/31/06 07:53 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Although I've only had my MX-5 for a few weeks, driving it is already one of my favorite pastimes. It's a hunny... without a doubt. The power hard lid is just plain sweet. Looks, handling, power, and curb appeal are outstanding. Can't wait for warmer weather and mountain roads.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.