Zoom Zoom Zoom
By Teddy on
2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)
Handles like a real sports car. Has plenty of usable horsepower for the road. Steering is precise. In fact when I drive my other car or my wife's car it feels like something is wrong with the steering on those cars. It's just that the MX-5 is so precise you think where you want to go and it is there. Run Flat tires initially were a bit hard, but I either have gotten use to them after 300 miles or they are broken in. You find yourself wanting to drive this car all the time. Plenty of trunk space for a roadster and the Active Key system eliminates fumbling for your keys. Mazda has a hit. I considered the S2000, Porsche Boxter, SLK350 and the Z4. For my money the '06 MX-5 wins hands down.
Favorite Features
Seat comfort, Sound system, ease of use of top, steering wheel audio and cruise controls, climate control knobs, tire pressure light, SmartKey system, thoughtful placement of cabin storage. The car is beautiful from the exterior to the interior. Every line has a purpose unlike the Z4.
Suggested Improvements
1. My Hyundai Elantra GT has lights that go off when you turn the car off. I would think that Mazda could do that too instead of triggering a reminder chime. 2. The horn must be replaced, it sounds awful. 3. Express down for the passenger window.