Why I love my Mazda Miata
By Rick on
2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Sport 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)
If you have never owned a Mazda Miata you might wonder why Miata owners are so loyal to Mazda, and so passionate about their cars. However, if you are lucky enough to own one, you already know: the Miata is happiness on wheels. In 28 years of driving, I've never owned a car that makes such an impression on people. Even strangers come up to ask me about the car. I've lost count of how many times I've heard, "Nice car!" but I can remember three occasions when people actually wanted to take a picture of the car. I can assure you that none of those things ever happened to me when I drove a Toyota Corolla. There is no better example of trouble free fun than a Mazda Miata.
Favorite Features
Incredible handling. Magical shift linkage.
Suggested Improvements
More power.
By ybutta
on 01/11/13 12:40 PM (PST)

My wife and I are about to buy a 2006 Miata. I should mention that we've owned a 1997 Toyota Celica GT Convertible for the past 6 months, and have had people comment constantly on its looks. Some even take pictures. The car is 100% Mint, and most people think it's a much newer car. The Miata will be nice because it looks more like a roadster. I had a 1976 MG Midget, so the Miata will be a step up in roominess!