why did I wait so long?
By rick s on
2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Sport 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)
I've owned pick-up trucks for the past 20+ years, but have had my eye on one since the redesign. I bought it three weeks ago, and have spent the better part of the past three weekends driving around Arizona. Drove it up Oak Creek Canyon in Sedona the first weekend, and had so much fun, drove back down and up again. Absolutely, the most fun I have ever had driving. Added satellite radio, and now I don't want to get out of it. Averaged 38.9 mpg last weekend around Flagstaff (the altitude?) Do yourself a favor, and buy one before the world runs out of oil. Thanks, Edmunds.
Favorite Features
Easy-to-operate top; incredible handling; good acceleration; ergonomic interior layout; very comfortable seats (though it's an exercise to get my 6 foot, 245 pound frame in and out); great exterior design.
Suggested Improvements
Teach whoever writes the diagrams for Mazda accessories how to count. Bought a mask. Directions say to remove front four fasteners inside each wheel well. Spent 30 minutes and bent two clips before I looked at the diagram, which showed five fasteners had to be removed. Cost $6.75 to replace them.