2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Consumer Review: Oh ya, I'm hooked!

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible - Consumer Review

Oh ya, I'm hooked!
By Paul on

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata 3rd Generation Limited 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

It has rained ever since I picked up the car. So far (227 miles), regardless of the condition of the road, the car has been responsive, sure-footed and extremely predictable. No leaks. FUN! It is comfortable. My back doesn't hurt after 70 miles of bumps and dips and I don't feel cramped with the top up. Top is extremely easy to put up and down while sitting in the drivers seat. There is a large blind spot with the top up however. The quality of the interior appears very good. No flaws in the finish. Shifter is short and precise. I have a grin permanently plastered on my face. :-).

Almost everything (echoing a prior post). Definitely like the new look. The fuel economy was a deciding factor in getting the MX-5 instead of the RX-8. This is a real sports car by any definition and has more than enough power for the commute, stock!

Sound system needs a subwoofer. The 6th gear could be taller allowing for lower revs on the highway and even better fuel economy.