New to Roadsters
By Ron & Beverly Nezat on
2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)
The fact that my wife and I have logged over two thousand miles of fun in this automobile are the best statement of our impression. I seleceted the MX-5 over The Mustang GT rag top. The Mustang will push you back into the upholstery as long as you go in a straight line. the MX-5 on the other hand is an absolute "Driving experience"! We recently spent a weekend in the mountains of Arkansas. I have never had so much fun. The Six speed manual in the MX-5 is perfectly matched to the engine's spunky performance. Climbing and descending in the hills and curves is this cars specialty. Never have driven a car that was so much pure driving fun.
Favorite Features
Six Speed Manual is a large part of the enjoyment of this PURE sports car. Convertable top. is the essence of a sports car. It's like a motorcycle in its ability to connect you to your environment.
Suggested Improvements
The cupholders in the center console are useless with the Manual shift. The cupholders in the doors are also useless unless you are drinking bottled water. Those will fit. Don't ever close the door with an open container in the cup holder. The contents continue to travel when the door stops.