2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Consumer Review: My second and favorite

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible - Consumer Review

My second and favorite
By Johnj on

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is my second Miata. The first was a 95. I absolutely love this one too. It is more responsive and Mazda has achieved the desired union of car and driver. I don't feel as much like I'm driving a car as I have extended my body. Everything is in exactly the right place. The shifting cannot be better. The power is more than adequate. And, my mileage is actually running at about 30 mpg with a combination of city and highway - 70% city. I couldn't be happier with the car... So much so, that we bought another one a few months later for my wife, trading in a Mercedes SLK.

Love the new roof design. I wasn't unhappy with the size of the previous model, but the additional interior room is appreciated. I like the steering wheel mounted audio controls.

Frankly I find the 6 speed transmission more annoying than useful, 5 speeds is plenty. The bolsters on the seat bottoms are too narrow and/or hard... not all of us weigh 108 pounds.