2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Most fun EVER!

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible - Consumer Review

Most fun EVER!
By Joe on

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've wanted one since 1990, but lived in Brooklyn. Got a copper red 5 speed Touring with 6-cd changer after I moved to SC. This is the most fun I've ever had in a car. Corners great, accelerates well, I never get tired of driving it. With the top down, it is so good I'd rate it an 11 if that was an option. With the top up, your view out the back is limited, and difficult to see behind and blind spot. That is not a problem with the top down. After 3 months I still love it as much as the first time. Looks great, feels great, drives great, sounds great. BUY THIS CAR!

Favorite Features

Driving with the top down. Accelerating in turns. Cranking the radio and singing out loud. Having people say "nice ride!" Radio controls & cruise control on the steering wheel. Turns and stops on a dime. Easy to put top up/down while in driver's seat.

Suggested Improvements

1. Cup holders in center console are useless (but there are bottle holders in door) 2. Allow sun visor to swing to the side. I have to put a Post-It on the side window in the morning to block the sun. 3. Speakers behind the driver without having to buy Bose.