Love this car!
By Stever on
2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata 3rd Generation Limited 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)
I bought this vehicle on impulse - had to test drive one after seeing it and had to buy it after driving it! Not sorry at all. Love virtually everything about it, but the trunk opening could be a little larger to make it more accessible, the disable switch for the remote trunk opener is in a poor location as items in the trunk can press it and inadvertently cause the remote to be disabled (happened to me...). And the radio reception in AM is poor. I know: "who uses AM?" However, I do travel where AM is about it sometimes and a longer optional antenna would be nice (I am assuming the problem is antenna length). Note that these are very small things. Overall, I love the car!
Favorite Features
Quick revving engine, very easy top operation, superb handling with sport suspension, traction control and great shocks and tires. Controls and gauges are great, too.
Suggested Improvements
Larger trunk opening. Better AM reception needed. Put a pad cover on the console arm rest section - my wife actually bruised her arm on the hard plastic. I would prefer the window up/down switches to be on the doors versus on the console. Put a small bottle of touch-up paint in the glove box.