Just like the TV ads...
By Mark on
2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)
...it will take years off your life. I traded a 2004 Accord for this vehicle and while I miss that incredible, effortless ride I also feel so much more free and connected with my daily commute. I had the last year of the ill-fated Triumph GT6 (1971) and while that car handled like no other it also was plagued with all the foibles that eventually killed all the British sports car companies. This is a very comfortable go-kart. I plan on taking it to the mountains this weekend and really letting 'er rip on those switchbacks. Nothing handles like a small car this close to the ground. I would suggest you opt for the upgraded suspensions package. Sweet!
Favorite Features
As in previous reviews the top is so simple to raise and lower from inside the vehicle. You can even do it in seconds at a stop sign or red light. I like the caramel color of the leather interior with the baseball stitching. Next to the black carpeting and door panel inserts it looks very masculine.
Suggested Improvements
Those center cupholder are convenient, but if you have a coffee mug in there it is difficult to shift into gears 5 and 6. I use the door holders even though they are only recommended for water bottles. More interior storage would be nice.