2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - First Roadster

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata - Consumer Review

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Sport 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

First Roadster
By Rick on

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Sport 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Have driven the sport model for 2 months now. Opted for the 6 speed automatic since I commute in traffic and I didn't want to go back to shifting. The automatic is great with the clutchless shifter and the steering wheel paddles. This car handles like a go kart and has very quick acceleration even with the automatic. Down shifts are easy either with the pedal or the shifter. Top works easily and stows neatly. Fit and finish are excellent. This car is really fun to drive on day trips but long hauls would not be for me. It really makes my commute fun instead of drudgery.

Favorite Features

6 speed automatic with manual (clutchless) shifter and steering wheel paddles. Ease of top down and up operation. Fit and finish. Exterior design with excellent driver position.

Suggested Improvements

Cup / bottle holders in door push into leg and can be uncomfortable. Turn signal shut off not always triggered by steering wheel due to short steering response required for a turn.