First MX-5
By KO on
2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)
Well, I wanted a sports car and I found one for sure. This is a third car for the family for fun driving so I was trying to keep the price lower and fun factor high. This car definitely achieves EXCELLENT price/performance. And even though it is priced less than other roadsters - the build quality and careful design shows the minute you drive it. You cannot go wrong for the money. And I have owned 5 other sports cars over my driving career including a late 80's 911. Technology has advanced incredibly fast since. If you want a car that is cheaper and safer than a Harley, and yet reach the performance levels of an 80's vintage Porsche - then do yourself a favor - and test drive one today.
Favorite Features
Shifting is smooth with a nice flat torque response. Engine sounds sporty for its size accentuated by a nice exhaust note with the top down. Top is very easy to operate. Bose stereo is decent with a decent source input - i.e. CD or satellite radio.
Suggested Improvements
Telescoping steering wheel to complement tilt capability. Although I think it is possible to find a decent seating position without it - of course depending on your height. More of a surround sound effect would be good with possibly some equalizer settings for the stereo.