Best car I've ever owned.
By Jeff Craddock on
2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)
After four weeks and over two thousand miles, my enthusiasm for this car continues to grow. My wife no longer asks me where I'm going when I dash out the front door at 10 PM--she knows I have to go for a drive. I've driven it on back roads, on a very congested I-95, and the infamous DC Beltway. It handles all condition with aplomb. The more powerful engine of this third generation Miata makes passing a breeze and the superb handling makes it easy to adjust to about anything driving conditions can throw at you. In short, this car is a joy to drive!
Favorite Features
Where to start? Design is a classic--the new competitors may be more flashy, but this edition of the MX-5 will stand the test of time. More power than previous editions and a very simple, but elegant interior. And I love the Galaxy Gray finish. The cloth top is easy and fast to operate.
Suggested Improvements
I'd like to see Mazdaspeed springs as an option. I'm planning to put them on mine to lower the car and further reduce the lean through corners. The car already performs beautifully, but the MS springs might make things just about perfect.