A bargain
By Aelfric on
2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Sport 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)
The best car I've ever owned, it has awesome handling, great acceleration and brakes, is super FUN to drive. I prefer the manual top - simpler, less expense, less to break, and actually very quick and easy to raise and lower. Beautiful all around. My only complaint is that it's a little too snug inside - I'm over 6' tall and I can't stretch out my legs. I have to move the seat slightly forward to recline the seatback at all. I have to force my butt all the way back to the seat back to avoid back pain. But unlike previous generations, I can now tilt adjust the steering wheel so my knees don't jam against it. Perfect for someone shorter who likes to drive. The best buy convertible by far.
Favorite Features
6-speed tranny, falls perfectly to hand and is a joy to shift with just a flick of the wrist. Surprisingly quick - revs immediately as high as you want to go. The drop top, of course.
Suggested Improvements
Stereo speakers behind or between the seats, or in windblocker? And a standard size stereo face so I could put in an aftermarket unit would be nice. Just a little more legroom, please. Perhaps raise the seat slightly? There's plenty of headroom even with top up. And put the name 'Miata' back on!