Used 2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Consumer Reviews - 136 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:

An excellent fun car
By Justin

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Sport 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I use my car as a daily commuter in Northern VA and couldn't be happier. While the stock suspension is a little soft for me - I used to have a BMW M3 - the top operation is amazingly simple and quick, the build quality is great and the engine is free-revving and makes nice power for putting out 170hp / 140tq. Remember that the car weighs under 2500 pounds!

Telepathic steering.

A little too much body roll into the corners hard with the stock suspension.

Sweet Ride!
By db tulsa

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Sport 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I've had my MX-5 for 4 1/2 months (6800 miles) and I couldn't be happier... no complaints. It is a first class sports car and is a blast to drive. I am ready for some top down weather though.

Tilt wheel, controls on the steering wheel, easy to raise and lower the top.

It would be nice if the glove box and center compartment locked and unlocked with the doors.

Most Fun Car Ever
By G. Wayne Baggett

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have owned the car a year now and have about 3500 miles on it. It is undoubtedly the most fun car I have ever owned or driven. Also the sexiest looking. The appearance of the 3rd generation version is a major improvement. The handling is exceptional. It could use a little more power and low end torque, but a turbo would fix that. Maybe a MazdaSpeed version in 2008. I wish I had waited a year and got the PRHT, but I would have sacrificed a year of great driving pleasure. You can't go wrong with value and fun for under $30K.

Steering wheel controls, great looking inside and out, superior handling, Just flat out fun to drive.

Add turbo for 2008. Upgrade leather seats and interior trim. Other than that, wouldn't change a thing.

Fun, Fun, Fun
By Hoyt Andres

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is the 4th new Miata that I've owned. I've had at least one of all 3 body styles. This one is great, but the trunk opening almost made me keep my 1999. It's just too small. And the lack of a spare tire WAS a problem for me when I had a blowout at 9pm at night and the flat fix kit didn't work. AAA towed me to a motel and then came back to get me the next morning and towed me to the Mazda dealer (the only place that said they had a tire that fit). Fortunately, they were able to repair the tire. Overall the additional power of the 2006 and the new features were the deciding factors for me.

The MX-5 driving experience is what it's all about! This car (and all my other Miatas) were MADE for driving on these mountain roads in Western North Carolina.

It's hard for me to believe that only a few of the 92 reviews that were posted when I read them mentioned the trunk opening. It's much smaller than the trunk opening in all previous Miatas. I can't believe that the Mazda engineers thought that golfers would not be upset.

Miata Smiles
By elvenprince

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I still am smiling! :-)

Copper Red color. Style of body. Performance.

Center console with cupholder useless. It should have been a compartment for items.