Used 2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Consumer Reviews - 136 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:

Best MX5 yet
By Gary

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is the 2nd MX5 for me. The first I purchased new 94 red with tan leather and top 5 speed. I put 186000 miles on it and wished I had never sold it. This is car is the first used car I have purchased in over 30 years, but it only had 5700 miles on it. Is a 2006 Copper Red Mica and tan leather inside that I love and tan cloth top. 33 mpg and pure fun. Hope I'm as happy with this one as the 94.

Looks, power, 6 speed, handling and stopping power . Everyone from little kids to older people rave about the looks . And fuel economy is a plus also.

The cup holders in the console aren't very user friendly. But who should be driving and eating at the same time. Eat in is the answer. I miss the storage compartment of my 94.

MX-5 experience
By mx5 sport

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Sport 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I like the Miata for its sporty feeling and it is fun to drive. It is the roughest riding car I've ever owned and definitely wouldn't want to drive it on a long trip. This car is like it's glued to the road which is good for handling but not for ride comfort. It rides like it doesn't have springs much like a Go-Kart. The road noise inside car is quite loud also. Power wise it has no problem for get up and go. Miata is probably the best bang for the buck as far as little sports cars go. When driving in heavy rain you better slow way down as this car will get scary as it will hydroplane easily.

Ease of putting top up and down. Handles very well. Gas mileage 31-35 mpg. Handles and corners like it's on a rail.

More leg room for driver. Soften the ride a little. Lessen road noise also. Move the engine oil filter or make access to it better as it is hard to get at to change.

Excellent car
By Tom Briggs

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Club Spec 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The MX5 is the closest thing to a motorcycle you'll get with 4 wheels. Exremely fun to drive. Very responsive. I love driving this car almost as much as riding my motorcycle. Excellent fit and finish. If you want a fun to drive car, this is it.

Transmission.

Can't think of any.

Kyle's review
By Mazdaguy

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Sport 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I really enjoy my 2006 roadster. It is the best handling car I have ever owned. It takes turns at 65 miles an hour, not too shabby. I will take handling over real fast anyday.

Handling, look, feel.

A little more horses.

Simply Too Much Fun
By RW

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Sport 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is actually my second Miata (I had a 2003) and while I loved the 2nd generation, the improvements to the third are fantastic. The car is just a blast to drive - feels much more rigid and refined than the 2nd-gen, while maintaining the car's signature dynamics. The additional room (I'm 6'1") was more than welcome, and more power is always a good thing as well. It splits commuting duty with a motorcycle - and is as close an equivalent to a four-wheel bike as you're going to find for this price. It is just impossible to have a bad day behind the wheel. Do NOT test drive unless you are completely prepared to buy, because there's a really good chance after a spin you'll be signing papers.

There's probably not enough room here. Power (and sound), handling, trunk large enough for a week's worth of groceries, tremendous grin factor.

Not much - I wish the center console cupholders were deeper for storage (I do my coffee at home). The cover intrudes to where it's not deep enough for a garage door opener. The door holder does sunglass duty. The car rides pretty high in stock form - MAZDASPEED springs will correct this shortly.