2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:
The real zoom zoom!
By larryd1972 on 05/18/06 19:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car has very good driving characteristics. Fun to drive, great cornering abilities. Affordable and aggressive new body style. Everyday car or weekends, whatever - this car is a blast.

No 11's??
By canuk5838 on 05/17/06 14:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Sport 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Fantastic! you would need to spend a LOT MORE money to get this kind of quality and performance. Then you might be afraid to scratch a $60-70K vehicle. This is a fun toy that the average Joe or Jill can afford, abuse and have a lot of fun.

The new MX5 carries on Miata the legacy
By michael on 05/15/06 18:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

My 6th and one of my favorite Miatas. This car has far exceeded the previous Miatas in power, comfort, and styling. The car looks and feels like A BMW Z4 but without the hefty price tag and even more of a blast to drive. With its easy to use top and laser like handling, this car blows away anything in its class; the Solstice could dream of being this much fun.

First MX-5
By KO on 05/09/06 13:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Well, I wanted a sports car and I found one for sure. This is a third car for the family for fun driving so I was trying to keep the price lower and fun factor high. This car definitely achieves EXCELLENT price/performance. And even though it is priced less than other roadsters - the build quality and careful design shows the minute you drive it. You cannot go wrong for the money. And I have owned 5 other sports cars over my driving career including a late 80's 911. Technology has advanced incredibly fast since. If you want a car that is cheaper and safer than a Harley, and yet reach the performance levels of an 80's vintage Porsche - then do yourself a favor - and test drive one today.

Just Plain Fun!
By Jim on 05/07/06 02:43 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

If you want a car that's just plain fun, you can't beat the MX-5. Wife and I chose the copper red Touring model with black cloth interior. The car is gorgeous, fit is perfect. As for performance, the 5 speed manual is quick and smooth, flawless. While not exactly fast, the car is very quick. The steering is extremely responsive. Brakes stop the vehicle on a dime. The interior, while snug, imparts the sensation of a cockpit. All controls are at your fingertips just inches away. The top is very well designed and easy to use. I would not recommend the vehicle for primary transportation, but if you're looking for a sensational, affordable second, this is it. This car is a blast.

Month One Review
By SanDiegoTopDown on 05/03/06 21:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have owned my 06 MX-5 for less than a month and I have to say, I am more in love with it today than ever. I have a few pet peeves that I know Mazda can easily correct on future models. This is a wonderful roadster that could only have been dream of in the very distant past!

Cool Ride
By rayzor on 05/01/06 21:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

GT with PP1. This car is a blast to drive! Beware driving this car top down at highway speed can be very loud! Overall a very nice package indeed. Worth the money, more value than S2000, 350Z, etc. Handles like a go-cart, amazing balance and stopping power. Bose stereo is good but with the top down, who needs a stereo! 6 speed not all made the same. Some units are slicker than others, try before buying. This is a must have car, IMHO.

Fun, Fun, Fun
By Roger on 04/24/06 15:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata 3rd Generation Limited 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have always wanted a Miata and when the new generation came out I figured it was time to compare the 2005 and 2006. I happened to luck into the limited for which I was told were all spoken for. I purchased number 376 and have never regretted buying it! I have 3000 miles on her and have had no problems. Pros: handling, power, quality, trunk space, convertible top, shifter, controls. Cons: seat belt rides against neck, lack of coin storage, useless center cup holders, more sound deadening.

Great Car
By MissileMax on 04/24/06 13:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Sport 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is my second Miata, and will have a Miata until the day I die. No other car delivers the driving experience the Miata does. It is a rush to drive, but is friendly enough to use everyday. The top can be opened and closed in mere seconds from inside the vehicle, and the trunk is large (and stays large with the top down!). Maintenance is easy, and the reliability can’t be beat. The Miata maneuvers like it is thought controlled, simply think it and the car responds elegantly. I have driving many sports cars, and love most of them, but none compare to the Miata.

most fun car to drive.......EVER!
By roosta82 on 04/17/06 08:18 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Sport 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I just bought this car 5 days ago, and lets just say my cheeks hurt because I've been grinning so much. It's like driving a big go-cart. I can't imagine a more fun car to drive

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.