2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:
Most fun EVER!
By Joe on 06/22/06 16:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've wanted one since 1990, but lived in Brooklyn. Got a copper red 5 speed Touring with 6-cd changer after I moved to SC. This is the most fun I've ever had in a car. Corners great, accelerates well, I never get tired of driving it. With the top down, it is so good I'd rate it an 11 if that was an option. With the top up, your view out the back is limited, and difficult to see behind and blind spot. That is not a problem with the top down. After 3 months I still love it as much as the first time. Looks great, feels great, drives great, sounds great. BUY THIS CAR!

Great fun car
By GLF on 06/18/06 18:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 3rd Generation Limited 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is the 3rd MX(Miata) I have owned. Each one was better than the previous. This car is a great road car and once you get to the turns and hills it is even more fun. I don't think you can over drive this car. Very easy to maintain and keep clean. Well built, planned and supported.

My First Roadster
By My First Roadster on 06/15/06 20:14 PM (PDT)

I love this car. This is my first 2 seater convertible (I've wanted one for a long time). My husband (6'1") thought it was too small for him to ever drive but the cruise control made it OK. We both ride motorcycles and decided it was as close to riding a motorcycle with no helmet as you can get. Great handling.

My Fun MX5
By Stephen J. Miller on 06/08/06 14:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

We have four cars. We own a 2003 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE, a 2006 Lexus GS300, a 2007 Lexus ES350 and the 2006 Mazda MX5. We bought this car recently as a "want" car, not a "need" car.At our stage of life, we wanted one car for pure fun. We looked at the Solstace and the Sky, but chose the Mazda based on writeups and past history of the superceded Miata. And, is it F U N ! We adore this car! I have been driving for 54 years, have owned 58 cars, and I have been a car afficiando since I was a little kid. I get all the car mags, so I have a very strong opinion about cars, and I and my wife Love this MX5! Sincerely, SZteve Miller

A blast to drive
By dn on 05/29/06 12:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have had my MX5 copper red for 4+ months now and it has NOT lost any of its appeal. This car is so fun to drive. I get many compliments on how classy it looks and people can not believe how easy the top is to operate. Great gas mileage too.

Just like the TV ads...
By Mark on 05/27/06 07:55 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

...it will take years off your life. I traded a 2004 Accord for this vehicle and while I miss that incredible, effortless ride I also feel so much more free and connected with my daily commute. I had the last year of the ill-fated Triumph GT6 (1971) and while that car handled like no other it also was plagued with all the foibles that eventually killed all the British sports car companies. This is a very comfortable go-kart. I plan on taking it to the mountains this weekend and really letting 'er rip on those switchbacks. Nothing handles like a small car this close to the ground. I would suggest you opt for the upgraded suspensions package. Sweet!

I LOVE IT!
By Toni on 05/26/06 15:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Sport 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have only had my baby for 3 months now, but I am having so much fun driving it. I miss my Honda's better gas mileage (especially now), but it's worth it to have such pleasure driving a car. I hope it proves to be as reliable as my two previous (new) Hondas (thus my 7 rating on that because I don't know yet). Thanks for making it not only so much fun, but affordable as well.

Wow! Love this car!
By W Prouty on 05/22/06 18:15 PM (PDT)

I purchased number 269/3500 a few days ago and am loving this car. The first day I drove up the seacoast and put 200 miles on the car. I really like the "get up and go" when you need it (or when you just want to have a little fun!). The sport suspension is an awesome ride and the handling is amazing. I'll be driving my MX5 regularly for my 1 hour commute. Forget the highway, give me a winding, two-lane road and I'm in heaven. I'm 6'1" and I feel great driving this car.

The Best!
By MX-5 GT on 05/21/06 04:26 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Well, basically I test drove most of sports (convertible) cars including MX-5 Miata, BMW Z4, Nissan 350Z, Lexus IS, Infiniti G35, and more ... but my MX-5 Grand Touring was the winner. It looks great, easy top down, and it feels like you are somehow connected to the wheel when you are driving. You won't believe how fun it is to drive MX-5 (close to PERFECT!). If you are having hard time choosing your convertible, just go for MX-5 (GT is even better). I guarantee that you will fall in love.

Excellent revision of a great car
By dousaems on 05/19/06 10:16 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle is perfect for the times we live in, if you only need to transport yourself or one other person. It is comfortable, easy to drive, yet puts a silly grin on your face as soon as the go-pedal is pressed. The balance is great, and the car can easily be pushed to its limits without scaring the driver. The top is a dream to operate (I can put it up or down in 3-4 seconds), the mileage is beyond what is advertised, and the price is right! With the improved styling, Mazda may have more buyers than they think over the next year or so. This really is a practical car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.