2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Consumer Reviews 6

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible - Consumer Reviews

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Club Spec 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:
LOVE this car
By Karen on 08/09/06 18:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Mazda MX5. My husband bought it for my 40th Birthday. My husband is 6'6 and it is the only convertible on the market that he can actually drive and ride in. We bought an automatic with the manual shifting paddles on the steering wheel. He loves that and I love the automatic. The top is so easy to put up and down you can do it while sitting in the car. The trunk is HUGE, unlike most convertibles. The Mazda is so fun to drive, the wheels really stick when going around corners. While going 80mph the RPM's barely hit 3000. While driving the inside is quiet no wind noise or rattles. We love our Mazda MX5!

My 3rd and best Miata, um...MX-5
By Bran on 08/01/06 22:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car is simply amazing. I have owned two Miatas (a 95 M and the 99 10AE) making this my third. It is great! The ride is better, the performance is better, the steering wheel even tilts now! I look forward to every morning so I can get up and drive.

Awesome MX-5
By J. Bednarz on 07/31/06 16:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Sport 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have only had my MX-5 for about a week, but can honestly say I have never had a car that I enjoyed driving more. I have had a lot of compliments on my Copper Red car and, in my opinion, is the best-looking affordable sports car on the road. It's got a lot of pep and corners nicely. I certainly got my money's worth and more! Love my car!

MX 5 pulls us out of a rut.
By dkieffer on 07/26/06 09:41 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car is not for a person who wants basic transportation. This car is for someone who truly enjoys driving. With four children we had become the typical kid hauling, van owning parents. Not having driven a stick for 15 years, I had forgotten how much fun it is to go through the gears. Especially the way this car shifts and welcomes high revs, it really puts a smile on my face. My wife and I are enjoying short getaway trips and evening drives. We now look forward to traveling the winding country roads of southeastern Ohio instead of avoiding them. Our MX 5 has pulled us out of our rut.

Dream Car
By Bradford on 07/24/06 06:29 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Sport 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is the most amazing car I have ever owned. It reminds me of the last sports car I had, a 1985 Honda Prelude, only this car is 10x more fun to drive. It has great acceleration, is easy to drive, and shifts like nothing I have ever driven. It takes corners like you are going straight, and asks for more. I wish I had bought this car five years ago. It will make you feel 10 years younger.

Best car I've ever owned.
By Jeff Craddock on 07/23/06 21:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

After four weeks and over two thousand miles, my enthusiasm for this car continues to grow. My wife no longer asks me where I'm going when I dash out the front door at 10 PM--she knows I have to go for a drive. I've driven it on back roads, on a very congested I-95, and the infamous DC Beltway. It handles all condition with aplomb. The more powerful engine of this third generation Miata makes passing a breeze and the superb handling makes it easy to adjust to about anything driving conditions can throw at you. In short, this car is a joy to drive!

Awesome roadster
By philmx5 on 07/19/06 07:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is just a blast to drive. After looking at the competition this became an easy choice. It just felt right from the moment I got in the car, put the top down, and took off. It think it looks great without being overbearing like the expensive roadsters. The car is just simplistic and fun!

Love it!
By s on 07/16/06 18:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I was looking for a convertible I could afford since I live in sunny San Diego and I was getting depressed going to work and always missing the sun. So - I tried everything from the Jeep to the MINI convertible and ended up trying the Miata - and that was it! It was so nice and fun to drive and so much bigger than the 2005 model. Looks like an old British race car and I get a ton of compliments!

12000 miles of mountain driving
By j wertzbaugher on 07/06/06 22:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our MX5 in Phoenix and promptly put on 4000 miles touring National Parks in AZ, Utah, Calif. and OR. Then after a winter break we did another 8000 through Calif. NV., Utah, CO., S. D., WY, Montana, Alberta, B.C., Yukon and finally home to Alaska. Ninety five percent with the top down (made ultra easy with the slick one arm set-up) and 85 % on back mountain roads. The handling is absolutely unbelievable! Never wanted for power. Enough trunk space for two months worth of personal gear, sleeping bags and tent. I've recently driven an 04 Jag, an 02 Z3 and an 03 SLK; I would not even consider a straight-up trade.

My second and favorite
By Johnj on 07/06/06 13:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is my second Miata. The first was a 95. I absolutely love this one too. It is more responsive and Mazda has achieved the desired union of car and driver. I don't feel as much like I'm driving a car as I have extended my body. Everything is in exactly the right place. The shifting cannot be better. The power is more than adequate. And, my mileage is actually running at about 30 mpg with a combination of city and highway - 70% city. I couldn't be happier with the car... So much so, that we bought another one a few months later for my wife, trading in a Mercedes SLK.