2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Consumer Review: 4 months of ownership

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata - Consumer Review

Sport Convertible (2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

4 months of ownership
By Wink on

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Sport 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I've had the car for about 4 months now. It is a solid built car. When I hit a bump I may feel it but the car doesn't rattle or make any unpleasant sounds you might hear in a cheaply built car. The top is a snap to put down and back up again without getting out of the driver's seat. It handles like a dream, very responsive. What I don't like is a couple of things. One, the cup holders in the door are in the way. When I raise my left leg up my knee rests against the cup holder and it's uncomfortable. Second, I can't find a comfortable position with the seat. I have to have the seat back as far as it will go to keep my right leg from being uncomfortable. Then I am sittin straight up.

The firm handling and the sound of the exhaust pipes as I go through the gears are a thrill. The acceleration is fantastic. Just push down on the gas when driving 70 and I can feel it push me back into the seat. I like being able to put the top up or down with ease while sitting at traffc light.

Remove the cup holder in the door. Make Sirius radio afordable for the factory radio. After buying the car it costs around $700 to put the Sirius converter in the car. Move the gas pedal more toward the engine. It feels like the gas pedal is much closer to me than the clutch or brake.