Used 2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:

A Nice Fit
By Cleve Hardman

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The new MX-5 version for 2006 is a significant upgrade. It retains the sports car feel linked back to European sports cars of the 50's through 70's with style and comfort upgrades consistent with higher-end models. There is plenty of comfort for the driver and passenger.

The HID headlights make a significant statement. The flared fenders that accommodate 17-inch run-flat tires are also a big improvement.

I understand a power, hard-top convertible is being rolled out and that will be a great option. I would also suggest some type of clam-shell covering to store the current cloth or vinyl top when down.

Most fun EVER!
By Joe

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've wanted one since 1990, but lived in Brooklyn. Got a copper red 5 speed Touring with 6-cd changer after I moved to SC. This is the most fun I've ever had in a car. Corners great, accelerates well, I never get tired of driving it. With the top down, it is so good I'd rate it an 11 if that was an option. With the top up, your view out the back is limited, and difficult to see behind and blind spot. That is not a problem with the top down. After 3 months I still love it as much as the first time. Looks great, feels great, drives great, sounds great. BUY THIS CAR!

Driving with the top down. Accelerating in turns. Cranking the radio and singing out loud. Having people say "nice ride!" Radio controls & cruise control on the steering wheel. Turns and stops on a dime. Easy to put top up/down while in driver's seat.

1. Cup holders in center console are useless (but there are bottle holders in door) 2. Allow sun visor to swing to the side. I have to put a Post-It on the side window in the morning to block the sun. 3. Speakers behind the driver without having to buy Bose.

Great fun car
By GLF

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 3rd Generation Limited 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is the 3rd MX(Miata) I have owned. Each one was better than the previous. This car is a great road car and once you get to the turns and hills it is even more fun. I don't think you can over drive this car. Very easy to maintain and keep clean. Well built, planned and supported.

I like the new tilt steering wheel. The 17" wheels are very nice. The extra horsepower is great. The interior is very comfortable.

Always can use more power but a very small amount may get you in trouble.

My First Roadster
By My First Roadster

I love this car. This is my first 2 seater convertible (I've wanted one for a long time). My husband (6'1") thought it was too small for him to ever drive but the cruise control made it OK. We both ride motorcycles and decided it was as close to riding a motorcycle with no helmet as you can get. Great handling.

Handling, response & great classic looks.

Upgrade some of the plastic. Having problems with stereo feedback when steering wheel controls used. May be a short?

My Fun MX5
By Stephen J. Miller

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

We have four cars. We own a 2003 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE, a 2006 Lexus GS300, a 2007 Lexus ES350 and the 2006 Mazda MX5. We bought this car recently as a "want" car, not a "need" car.At our stage of life, we wanted one car for pure fun. We looked at the Solstace and the Sky, but chose the Mazda based on writeups and past history of the superceded Miata. And, is it F U N ! We adore this car! I have been driving for 54 years, have owned 58 cars, and I have been a car afficiando since I was a little kid. I get all the car mags, so I have a very strong opinion about cars, and I and my wife Love this MX5! Sincerely, SZteve Miller

Everything!

offer XM Radio as an alternate to Sirius.