2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:
LOVE IT
By Jim S on 10/03/05 17:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I've had my MX-5 for a week now and am thrilled! I've been an Honda/Acura owner for 20+ years so my standards are high. Very quick/fast, great gas mileage, easy open/close top. Wish it had a space for change, cup holder on driver side hits knee. Ride is a little stiff but it is a sports car not luxury sedan. Great road grip, steering response. Small trunk will still fit my golf bag (less driver).

Replaced My '95
By jv on 09/30/05 20:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata 3rd Generation Limited 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

After 11 years of constant fun it was time to upgrade. I've been waiting anxiously for the 2006 and I'm not disappointed. Much faster, much better ride, quieter, and just as solid. I love the new roof design, although I worry that the front panel will fade differently than the rest of the roof. But, since the roof is only up when it is raining, I doubt that it will ever show. We love the car so much, my wife is trading her Mercedes SLK 320 for another Miata (I can't bring myself to call it an MX5) as soon as she can find the color (Copper Red) that she wants.

Great sports car
By Jose on 09/19/05 14:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata 3rd Generation Limited 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is a great car. It is fun to drive. The interior space is great for a small car. I've been driving it for a month and have no complaints.

Zoom Zoom Zoom
By Teddy on 09/14/05 13:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Handles like a real sports car. Has plenty of usable horsepower for the road. Steering is precise. In fact when I drive my other car or my wife's car it feels like something is wrong with the steering on those cars. It's just that the MX-5 is so precise you think where you want to go and it is there. Run Flat tires initially were a bit hard, but I either have gotten use to them after 300 miles or they are broken in. You find yourself wanting to drive this car all the time. Plenty of trunk space for a roadster and the Active Key system eliminates fumbling for your keys. Mazda has a hit. I considered the S2000, Porsche Boxter, SLK350 and the Z4. For my money the '06 MX-5 wins hands down.

Zoom Zoom MX-5
By Greg F on 09/14/05 12:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Sport 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is a real sports car -- no leather, no wood, no fancy gizmos, no navigation system, and no ashtray. It's quick but not fast, and it handles like it's on rails. You feel like you're going much faster than you really are because you're sitting low and because of the exhaust note. It also gets great gas mileage. There's enough room in the trunk for a weekend getaway for two -- but that's about it. The top does work with one hand (though I have long arms) and makes one wonder about car companies bragging about how quickly their power tops fold up. If the journey is more important than the destination, this is the car for you.

LOVE IT!
By Tom on 09/12/05 01:18 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata 3rd Generation Limited 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

What a great car. I love the velocity red! The rims are a nice bonus. I would really push you to get a Limited if you can get your hands on one. This car handles like a dream.

Best Miata Ever!
By Amil on 09/03/05 02:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata 3rd Generation Limited 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I love this car, I have owned 8 Miatas over the years, and this is the best one Yet. I just love it!

GREATEST MX-5
By ruben on 07/28/05 11:01 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

handling, speed, braking, the best

Fun Car to Drive
By Mel Martin on 07/10/05 10:39 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Overall very happy with the car. A little bit tight for long trips but all in all lots of fun with little to no service. Change my oil every 3,000 and drive.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.