2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:
Perfect Roadster
By mike on 12/10/05 20:16 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I love driving this car! This is my first week with it and I'm having so much fun. I once owned one of the earlier models (a '93 model) and this car is obviously much better. It's quick and fun to shift. Best handling car I've ever owned. I now look forward to clover leaf exit ramps. I think the new styling is beautiful outside and I like the interior as well. It is tight in there though. Even though I like it I think that the interior is probably where I would wish Mazda had spent a few more $$. For example, the shift boot and hand brake boot are cheap, no way to put it nicely. On the other hand, I think the leather seats look and feel expensive.

Buy one now
By Rick on 12/02/05 17:19 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Great car. Fast, agile, surprising gas mileage. Get the limited slip differential and traction control and watch the dashboard light up in the rain. Better by far than my old RX-7. Only beef is despite a bunch of little cubby holes the interior still has limited space for storing anything bigger than sunglasses. But who cares, drop the top, mash the gas, and it does not matter.

My 3rd and easily best MX-5
By Mike on 11/30/05 14:45 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I've owned a '96, '99 and now an '06 MX-5. This is without a doubt the best of the three. Traded in my year-young Mazda 6s after just one test drive. The most marked improvements are the increased power, more muscular exterior and superb interior quality. Flicking through the short-throw 6-speed MT is addicting. The engine is much more willing with the increased HP. It now actually feels fast. The previous MX-5 always sounded like it was working really hard, but not producing much in the way of acceleration. That has changed with this model. Hopefully reliability will be as good as the previous models. A fantastic car.

Fun, Fun, Fun-better than my Z3
By texasgirl on 11/17/05 21:15 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The only thing I liked better on my BMW Z3 was the body style/shape. This Mazda handles curves like a dream, smooth ride, well thought out interior. Absolutely love the top! Can be put up or down from the driver seat in about 5 seconds. No boot to mess with. Great city gas mileage. Love the combined key/keyless entry remote.

Mazda MX5
By Morris Hamm on 11/10/05 11:59 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 3rd Generation Limited 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Great, fun car to have. Reliable, good fuel economy. Convertible top is easy to use and stow. Could have better interior storage.

even better second time around
By azwildcat on 11/07/05 12:50 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

My second MX5. The first was a '90, trouble-free for 155,000 miles. The new one is even better. Great handling, great looks and a great value for the money.

Love this car!
By Stever on 11/04/05 11:41 AM (PST)

I bought this vehicle on impulse - had to test drive one after seeing it and had to buy it after driving it! Not sorry at all. Love virtually everything about it, but the trunk opening could be a little larger to make it more accessible, the disable switch for the remote trunk opener is in a poor location as items in the trunk can press it and inadvertently cause the remote to be disabled (happened to me...). And the radio reception in AM is poor. I know: "who uses AM?" However, I do travel where AM is about it sometimes and a longer optional antenna would be nice (I am assuming the problem is antenna length). Note that these are very small things. Overall, I love the car!

Oh ya, I'm hooked!
By Paul on 10/11/05 13:41 PM (PDT)

It has rained ever since I picked up the car. So far (227 miles), regardless of the condition of the road, the car has been responsive, sure-footed and extremely predictable. No leaks. FUN! It is comfortable. My back doesn't hurt after 70 miles of bumps and dips and I don't feel cramped with the top up. Top is extremely easy to put up and down while sitting in the drivers seat. There is a large blind spot with the top up however. The quality of the interior appears very good. No flaws in the finish. Shifter is short and precise. I have a grin permanently plastered on my face. :-).

MX5 Sport 6 speed automatic, a zoomer
By Denny on 10/07/05 20:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Sport 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

We bought the car out of state and drove it 750 miles home. It got a good workout. It rides and drives good. The seats though are a little narrow for a wide bottom person. All the gauges are in a good location. On a long trip the car is not ideal because of its limited space on the interior. There needs to be more room inside it so the seats can recline further back. You never feel like you are in a "little" car when passing and being passed by other vehicles. The Miata feels very substantial. For a daily driver the car is great. It is the best stress reliever from a long day at work. Gas mileage on the interstate is over 32 mpg. The top is easy to raise and lower. The trunk is fairy large.

Love the car
By billswjr on 10/05/05 21:19 PM (PDT)

Whoever designed the car had a previous Mazda. Should have left the turbocharger. Doesnt have the kick that my Mazdaspeed had. Cruise control and extra leg room really made a good road trip car. Really good around vehicle.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.