Used 2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Consumer Reviews - 135 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible - Consumer Reviews

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:

LOVE this car
By Karen

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Mazda MX5. My husband bought it for my 40th Birthday. My husband is 6'6 and it is the only convertible on the market that he can actually drive and ride in. We bought an automatic with the manual shifting paddles on the steering wheel. He loves that and I love the automatic. The top is so easy to put up and down you can do it while sitting in the car. The trunk is HUGE, unlike most convertibles. The Mazda is so fun to drive, the wheels really stick when going around corners. While going 80mph the RPM's barely hit 3000. While driving the inside is quiet no wind noise or rattles. We love our Mazda MX5!

Top is easy to put down and up. Trunk is big. Love the way it looks. Sharp!

My 3rd and best Miata, um...MX-5
By Bran

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car is simply amazing. I have owned two Miatas (a 95 M and the 99 10AE) making this my third. It is great! The ride is better, the performance is better, the steering wheel even tilts now! I look forward to every morning so I can get up and drive.

I really like the new top. The previous cover was a pain. The HIDs are a must have also. The keyless go is a great feature as well.

Nothing much, just that the piano black interior trim scratches a little too easily.

Awesome MX-5
By J. Bednarz

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Sport 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have only had my MX-5 for about a week, but can honestly say I have never had a car that I enjoyed driving more. I have had a lot of compliments on my Copper Red car and, in my opinion, is the best-looking affordable sports car on the road. It's got a lot of pep and corners nicely. I certainly got my money's worth and more! Love my car!

The new 2006 body style. The interior design of the dashboard. Hot red copper color. Awesome 17 inch wheels. Gorgeous car!

A little extra padding on the arm rests on the door would be nice. Just a little too hard for longer drives. (I use the arm rest all the time.)

MX 5 pulls us out of a rut.
By dkieffer

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car is not for a person who wants basic transportation. This car is for someone who truly enjoys driving. With four children we had become the typical kid hauling, van owning parents. Not having driven a stick for 15 years, I had forgotten how much fun it is to go through the gears. Especially the way this car shifts and welcomes high revs, it really puts a smile on my face. My wife and I are enjoying short getaway trips and evening drives. We now look forward to traveling the winding country roads of southeastern Ohio instead of avoiding them. Our MX 5 has pulled us out of our rut.

Exterior styling gets plenty of lookers and the interior fit comfort is better than I thought I’d find. The instrumentation is perfectly placed and everything is within easy reach of the driver.

I would like to add HomeLink as an option as well as variable intermittent wipers.

Dream Car
By Bradford

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Sport 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is the most amazing car I have ever owned. It reminds me of the last sports car I had, a 1985 Honda Prelude, only this car is 10x more fun to drive. It has great acceleration, is easy to drive, and shifts like nothing I have ever driven. It takes corners like you are going straight, and asks for more. I wish I had bought this car five years ago. It will make you feel 10 years younger.

Where can I start? It looks amazing, and is one of the best engineered machines I have ever seen. I guess if I had to pick one feature it would be the fact that you can open and close the top with one hand in about 5 seconds.

It would be hard to improve anything on this car. I would prefer that Mazda not change a thing. Only suggestion is choose better colors next year (blue looks like the kiddie cars at Disney World) and red is weak too (I picked black).