2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Consumer Reviews 11

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata - Consumer Reviews

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Club Spec 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:
MXn it up
By JT on 02/10/06 16:10 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my car just 9 days ago, and drove it from Charleston to New Orleans on the third day. I love it. It handled nicely in the morning rain on the East coast, and it was so much fun coming across the panhandle in the sun in the afternoon. As the sun went down, I ran the heat, and I was comfortable. This is a very responsive vehicle, a joy to drive. The 6 speed manual feels totally natural on this car, and it makes for a fun drive. The seat wraps around you, so it is as though you are one with your car. If you are looking for a fun, sporty car, you will not go wrong with this car!

1999 vs. 2006
By Knut on 02/04/06 15:06 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Club Spec 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove the 2006 MX-5 while my 1999 Miata was in for a regular service ... my mistake, I know, but I was so surprised about the improved handling (especially for windy roads!) and the new engine, that I decided to get the 2006 model. Nice handling, the manual transmission is very smooth, driving with top down is pure fun. It's like vacation for your soul!

MX5 Great Value
By Jazzycat on 02/03/06 22:03 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The MX5 is a feature packed well engineered roadster. Probably one of the best values on the market. The engine and suspension of the new Miata are more sophisticated, but leave you wanting a more sports car like feel. The engine while strong feels and sounds like a boring sedan. Suspension is incredibly supple, but is too soft and leads to ridiculous levels of body roll in corners. The MX5 has great options and features for a car that sells under $25K. My car with dynamic stability control, LSD, traction control, Bilstein suspension, Bose stereo, side airbags, leather interior, 17" wheels -- was $24K. The MX5 also has one of the easiest to use convertible tops ever!

Great car
By Alex on 01/31/06 14:56 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I just got it. This car is really great. It is so fun to drive. Great brakes and transmission. Reminds me of the old British sports cars except better quality. I really like how they squeezed every last drop of storage space out of that thing. Very well thought out and engineered. Really fun to drive!

Love This Car
By Love This Car on 01/13/06 13:16 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I never thought I would be buying a convertible roadster. This car is quite the attention getter.

I'm Hooked!
By Wayne on 01/10/06 11:33 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Only had it about 10 days, but I can't get out of it. Hardly had the top up. Great little machine! Superb handling and driveabaility. Body style is eye-catching and gets lots of stares and compliments. Engine performance is excellent for a 2 liter 4 and is more entertaining than any car I have ever owned. Very responsive.

06 MX-5 Grand Touring
By TFK on 01/07/06 21:12 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Had my '06 MX-5 for about 2 weeks now. I have enjoyed the car thus far. Seems solid and is fun to drive.

Yahooooooooooooo
By RoadsterRandy on 01/06/06 15:35 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Sport 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car is a riot to drive. Quick, agile, fun! Shifts in the manual 6 speed are short and neat.

Great Car
By Great Car on 12/27/05 03:58 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I traded in a Mazda Tribute for the new MX-5 ... and I'm glad I did. What a fantastic little car. I find myself choosing (I shouldn't admit this!) the MX-5 over my 2005 AMG E-55 with 500HP -- the little Miata is actually more "fun" to drive (though not as fast!). SUPER JOB, Mazda!

Well worth it
By RADatFBHS on 12/22/05 11:29 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata 3rd Generation Limited 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased the last brand new 3rd Generation Limited roadster in Georgia. I didn't know how to drive stick, but I learned very quickly. The stick is as smooth as butter. It may have just a four cylinder but don't underestimate it. You feel like you're driving a race car. BEST CAR EVER.