2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:
Pure Joy
By Dave on 03/15/06 14:53 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Sport 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

My first Mazda and first MX-5 and I have never had more fun in a car. Bought in winter to be able to negotiate on price and now are just enjoying the top down driving that is a pure pleasure. I am 6'5 so fitting was a concern but it is pleasantly snug all around and makes you feel like you are part of the car. Handling and sensitivity is sensory and requires the lightest touch. Couldn't ask for a better more fun car.

Fun Fun Fun
By Naomi on 03/14/06 09:41 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have only had my car a few days but, I can sum it up in one word. WOW. This car is a real head turner.

The best Miata yet!
By Brandon on 03/11/06 20:44 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

So much fun to drive and one of the best cars with the top down. Great looks inside and out. Comfy seats and bigger than the previous Miatas. Race car steering, race car transmission and race car suspension. Suspension turns in sharp while the wheels stick like super glue. Flick the steering wheel and you dive into the apex with barely any turns on the wheel and the whole car talks to you. Great exhaust note. Great gas mileage. I owned a Evo 8 and currently own a 350Z and a Lotus Elise an this is probably the best deal when it comes to handling. And has become my new weekend car and ever daily driver.

Disappointment
By Donna Miller on 03/08/06 09:41 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Very questionable plastics in interior. Have experienced annoying rattling clicking noise on console. Absolutely no help from Mazda with problem. While very fun to drive, the annoying rattle takes enjoyment out.

Roadster Heaven
By Roadster Heaven on 02/24/06 19:09 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata 3rd Generation Limited 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

What a dream to drive! First roadster ever and what a blast. When seated in the cockpit, I feel like a race car driver. Performance is surprisingly fast, it doesn't feel like it but look at the speedo and you're movin'. Very comfortable, great design, love the heated seats. Bose sound system is great, especially with the top down, though a CD stacker would appreciated. I can't drive this car enough!

First Roadster
By Rick on 02/23/06 20:23 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Sport 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Have driven the sport model for 2 months now. Opted for the 6 speed automatic since I commute in traffic and I didn't want to go back to shifting. The automatic is great with the clutchless shifter and the steering wheel paddles. This car handles like a go kart and has very quick acceleration even with the automatic. Down shifts are easy either with the pedal or the shifter. Top works easily and stows neatly. Fit and finish are excellent. This car is really fun to drive on day trips but long hauls would not be for me. It really makes my commute fun instead of drudgery.

my first MX-5
By ronnie zoom zoom on 02/17/06 20:47 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Sport 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Newly purchased true red sport model with suspension package. Just drove it up the Oregon coast top down, what a blast. Handles great, looks great, more fun than any vehicle I've ever driven!

ZOOM ZOOM FOR REAL!
By Sandy on 02/15/06 17:57 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Sport 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car is a blast to drive! The fit and quality of the exterior and interior are very good to excellent. The road noise at highway speed is acceptable, you can still have a conversation with your passenger. The car has plenty of power, you don't even need to down-shift when passing at highway speed. The short shift close ratio gear box is precise and easy to use. The cup holders in the center console are pretty useless as anything in them will impede shifting. Gas mileage has averaged about 25MPG but that is with a lot of city driving. And .. IT'S FUN TO DRIVE!

LUVMYLIMITED
By keith edwards on 02/15/06 04:44 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata 3rd Generation Limited 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is a wonderful car. Traded my 2000 Special Edition in for it. I think they took my car and ten Japaneses engineers, locked them in a room and told them not to come out until they improved the car in every way. They did it. This one should last me ten years or more.

MXn it up
By JT on 02/10/06 16:10 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my car just 9 days ago, and drove it from Charleston to New Orleans on the third day. I love it. It handled nicely in the morning rain on the East coast, and it was so much fun coming across the panhandle in the sun in the afternoon. As the sun went down, I ran the heat, and I was comfortable. This is a very responsive vehicle, a joy to drive. The 6 speed manual feels totally natural on this car, and it makes for a fun drive. The seat wraps around you, so it is as though you are one with your car. If you are looking for a fun, sporty car, you will not go wrong with this car!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.