Used 2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata 3rd Generation Limited Convertible Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible - Consumer Reviews

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:

Love this car. Fun to drive.
By Tom Boger

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 3rd Generation Limited 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Used mine Summers only. Drove to Golf course with clubs riding shotgun. Battery drains when stored due to anti theft etc. recommend battery buddy for winter storage. Not a good winter car in NE USA.

"WOW" Did I mention "WOW?"
By Sandor

I purchased this car 04 Sep 2007. I bought it in Michigan and drove it home to Dallas. What can I say about the car other than wow? It handles like a motorcycle in the turns. Although I will admit it is not the greatest car for a 15 hour drive. But, it was not as bad as a motorcycle and yet just as fun. It has the easiest to operate top that I have ever seen. Has a very responsive and pretty powerful engine. Will stop on a dime and give you a nickel change. I have put over 25,000 miles on it and still love to drive it as much now as I did the day I bought it. It is not my daily driver, but I truly look forward to driving it every chance I get.

The top, the sound of the engine, the style, the handling, the Bose system.

The cup holder in the door, the cup holder in the console, could use more horses under the hood, lower the suspension so it does not look like a 4X4. Nothing a set of Ohlins can't fix.

Great fun car
By GLF

This is the 3rd MX(Miata) I have owned. Each one was better than the previous. This car is a great road car and once you get to the turns and hills it is even more fun. I don't think you can over drive this car. Very easy to maintain and keep clean. Well built, planned and supported.

I like the new tilt steering wheel. The 17" wheels are very nice. The extra horsepower is great. The interior is very comfortable.

Always can use more power but a very small amount may get you in trouble.

My First Roadster
By My First Roadster

I love this car. This is my first 2 seater convertible (I've wanted one for a long time). My husband (6'1") thought it was too small for him to ever drive but the cruise control made it OK. We both ride motorcycles and decided it was as close to riding a motorcycle with no helmet as you can get. Great handling.

Handling, response & great classic looks.

Upgrade some of the plastic. Having problems with stereo feedback when steering wheel controls used. May be a short?

Wow! Love this car!
By W Prouty

I purchased number 269/3500 a few days ago and am loving this car. The first day I drove up the seacoast and put 200 miles on the car. I really like the "get up and go" when you need it (or when you just want to have a little fun!). The sport suspension is an awesome ride and the handling is amazing. I'll be driving my MX5 regularly for my 1 hour commute. Forget the highway, give me a winding, two-lane road and I'm in heaven. I'm 6'1" and I feel great driving this car.

LOOKS: Chrome accents, Velocity Red paint, front grill. Leather interior (Black). BOSE CD Stereo. The wind in my...um...on my head!

Get rid of the cupholders in the door. The cup holders in the console affect shifting (as everyone says). More convenient storage...what about compartments under the armrests in the doors?