2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:
"WOW" Did I mention "WOW?"
By Sandor on 09/01/09 06:08 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata 3rd Generation Limited 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased this car 04 Sep 2007. I bought it in Michigan and drove it home to Dallas. What can I say about the car other than wow? It handles like a motorcycle in the turns. Although I will admit it is not the greatest car for a 15 hour drive. But, it was not as bad as a motorcycle and yet just as fun. It has the easiest to operate top that I have ever seen. Has a very responsive and pretty powerful engine. Will stop on a dime and give you a nickel change. I have put over 25,000 miles on it and still love to drive it as much now as I did the day I bought it. It is not my daily driver, but I truly look forward to driving it every chance I get.

Great fun car
By GLF on 06/18/06 18:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata 3rd Generation Limited 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is the 3rd MX(Miata) I have owned. Each one was better than the previous. This car is a great road car and once you get to the turns and hills it is even more fun. I don't think you can over drive this car. Very easy to maintain and keep clean. Well built, planned and supported.

My First Roadster
By My First Roadster on 06/15/06 20:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata 3rd Generation Limited 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I love this car. This is my first 2 seater convertible (I've wanted one for a long time). My husband (6'1") thought it was too small for him to ever drive but the cruise control made it OK. We both ride motorcycles and decided it was as close to riding a motorcycle with no helmet as you can get. Great handling.

Wow! Love this car!
By W Prouty on 05/22/06 18:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata 3rd Generation Limited 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased number 269/3500 a few days ago and am loving this car. The first day I drove up the seacoast and put 200 miles on the car. I really like the "get up and go" when you need it (or when you just want to have a little fun!). The sport suspension is an awesome ride and the handling is amazing. I'll be driving my MX5 regularly for my 1 hour commute. Forget the highway, give me a winding, two-lane road and I'm in heaven. I'm 6'1" and I feel great driving this car.

Fun, Fun, Fun
By Roger on 04/24/06 15:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata 3rd Generation Limited 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have always wanted a Miata and when the new generation came out I figured it was time to compare the 2005 and 2006. I happened to luck into the limited for which I was told were all spoken for. I purchased number 376 and have never regretted buying it! I have 3000 miles on her and have had no problems. Pros: handling, power, quality, trunk space, convertible top, shifter, controls. Cons: seat belt rides against neck, lack of coin storage, useless center cup holders, more sound deadening.

Roadster Heaven
By Roadster Heaven on 02/24/06 19:09 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata 3rd Generation Limited 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

What a dream to drive! First roadster ever and what a blast. When seated in the cockpit, I feel like a race car driver. Performance is surprisingly fast, it doesn't feel like it but look at the speedo and you're movin'. Very comfortable, great design, love the heated seats. Bose sound system is great, especially with the top down, though a CD stacker would appreciated. I can't drive this car enough!

LUVMYLIMITED
By keith edwards on 02/15/06 04:44 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata 3rd Generation Limited 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is a wonderful car. Traded my 2000 Special Edition in for it. I think they took my car and ten Japaneses engineers, locked them in a room and told them not to come out until they improved the car in every way. They did it. This one should last me ten years or more.

Well worth it
By RADatFBHS on 12/22/05 11:29 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata 3rd Generation Limited 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased the last brand new 3rd Generation Limited roadster in Georgia. I didn't know how to drive stick, but I learned very quickly. The stick is as smooth as butter. It may have just a four cylinder but don't underestimate it. You feel like you're driving a race car. BEST CAR EVER.

Mazda MX5
By Morris Hamm on 11/10/05 11:59 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata 3rd Generation Limited 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Great, fun car to have. Reliable, good fuel economy. Convertible top is easy to use and stow. Could have better interior storage.

Love this car!
By Stever on 11/04/05 11:41 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata 3rd Generation Limited 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this vehicle on impulse - had to test drive one after seeing it and had to buy it after driving it! Not sorry at all. Love virtually everything about it, but the trunk opening could be a little larger to make it more accessible, the disable switch for the remote trunk opener is in a poor location as items in the trunk can press it and inadvertently cause the remote to be disabled (happened to me...). And the radio reception in AM is poor. I know: "who uses AM?" However, I do travel where AM is about it sometimes and a longer optional antenna would be nice (I am assuming the problem is antenna length). Note that these are very small things. Overall, I love the car!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.