Used 2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata 3rd Generation Limited Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mazda Mx-5-miata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:

"WOW" Did I mention "WOW?"
By Sandor

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata 3rd Generation Limited 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased this car 04 Sep 2007. I bought it in Michigan and drove it home to Dallas. What can I say about the car other than wow? It handles like a motorcycle in the turns. Although I will admit it is not the greatest car for a 15 hour drive. But, it was not as bad as a motorcycle and yet just as fun. It has the easiest to operate top that I have ever seen. Has a very responsive and pretty powerful engine. Will stop on a dime and give you a nickel change. I have put over 25,000 miles on it and still love to drive it as much now as I did the day I bought it. It is not my daily driver, but I truly look forward to driving it every chance I get.

Favorite Features

The top, the sound of the engine, the style, the handling, the Bose system.

Suggested Improvements

The cup holder in the door, the cup holder in the console, could use more horses under the hood, lower the suspension so it does not look like a 4X4. Nothing a set of Ohlins can't fix.

Great fun car
By GLF

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata 3rd Generation Limited 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is the 3rd MX(Miata) I have owned. Each one was better than the previous. This car is a great road car and once you get to the turns and hills it is even more fun. I don't think you can over drive this car. Very easy to maintain and keep clean. Well built, planned and supported.

Favorite Features

I like the new tilt steering wheel. The 17" wheels are very nice. The extra horsepower is great. The interior is very comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Always can use more power but a very small amount may get you in trouble.

My First Roadster
By My First Roadster

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata 3rd Generation Limited 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I love this car. This is my first 2 seater convertible (I've wanted one for a long time). My husband (6'1") thought it was too small for him to ever drive but the cruise control made it OK. We both ride motorcycles and decided it was as close to riding a motorcycle with no helmet as you can get. Great handling.

Favorite Features

Handling, response & great classic looks.

Suggested Improvements

Upgrade some of the plastic. Having problems with stereo feedback when steering wheel controls used. May be a short?

Wow! Love this car!
By W Prouty

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata 3rd Generation Limited 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased number 269/3500 a few days ago and am loving this car. The first day I drove up the seacoast and put 200 miles on the car. I really like the "get up and go" when you need it (or when you just want to have a little fun!). The sport suspension is an awesome ride and the handling is amazing. I'll be driving my MX5 regularly for my 1 hour commute. Forget the highway, give me a winding, two-lane road and I'm in heaven. I'm 6'1" and I feel great driving this car.

Favorite Features

LOOKS: Chrome accents, Velocity Red paint, front grill. Leather interior (Black). BOSE CD Stereo. The wind in my...um...on my head!

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the cupholders in the door. The cup holders in the console affect shifting (as everyone says). More convenient storage...what about compartments under the armrests in the doors?

Fun, Fun, Fun
By Roger

2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata 3rd Generation Limited 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have always wanted a Miata and when the new generation came out I figured it was time to compare the 2005 and 2006. I happened to luck into the limited for which I was told were all spoken for. I purchased number 376 and have never regretted buying it! I have 3000 miles on her and have had no problems. Pros: handling, power, quality, trunk space, convertible top, shifter, controls. Cons: seat belt rides against neck, lack of coin storage, useless center cup holders, more sound deadening.

Favorite Features

Almost everything.

Suggested Improvements

More sound deadening, replace center cup holders with storage box.